Thread: Super Flip Question

Super Flip Question

I asked a question on Discord today and discovered a small hiccup in the planned roll out of the super flips. Clone/Devs were planning to manually do the flips whenever the next preseason hits. But... because TDD is one of the few leagues that will have the update done before a draft list drops this season, that causes an issue. The issue being that the draftees this season are "correct" and would flip properly, then a super flip in the preseason basically cooks them even more.

So the question I've been asked is because we are so early in the season would we prefer to have the super flip done ASAP and before the draft list drops. My thinking is go ahead and rip the band aid off. We all know this season and next cpl are going to be kind of wonky anyway, so why not. Then we'd just flip as usual.

The other option is to not do the super flip in season, wait for preseason, and this year's draft class would just be working out on steroids this offseason.

Re: Super Flip Question

SuperFlip before the list drops. Keeps everyone on the same progression
    What is best in life?
    Chimichangas!

I’m all for super flips asap even if the draft list gets affected

Fine either way, but vote for ASAP.

The announcement now says update is happening on the 30th. Are we still going to keep the league paused?

No real reason to stay paused. The superflip can only occur during the preseason from what I read on discord.
    What is best in life?
    Chimichangas!

As of yesterday (prior to the announcement of the delay)... there were 4-5 leagues in the unique situation of draft lists dropping after the update but before a season flip to do the super flip. At that time I was told they'd possibly do the super flip asap and just roll with the season.

But as Garth said now, there's really no reason to keep paused at this point. We'll roll with what the season is, draft the under developed guys as we have the last several years, then do the super flip in the next preseason.

Draft list drops in 4 sims if we wanted another shot at new draft lists nows the time to pause

Quote Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
    Draft list drops in 4 sims if we wanted another shot at new draft lists nows the time to pause
    Not going to pause. The problem becomes if we wait for a new draft list, then do super flip for the recent drafts that were broken, then this year's draft list gets super cooked. So we'll continue on as normal. My suggestion is to take the actuals with a grain of salt and plan more so that 75-80% of these players will be at or near potentials by age 23 due to superflip and then normal dev.

Quote Originally Posted by balmers View Post
    Not going to pause. The problem becomes if we wait for a new draft list, then do super flip for the recent drafts that were broken, then this year's draft list gets super cooked. So we'll continue on as normal. My suggestion is to take the actuals with a grain of salt and plan more so that 75-80% of these players will be at or near potentials by age 23 due to superflip and then normal dev.
    I was just going off the recent convo I had with clone where he told me pausing pre draft and then doing the super flip immediately after that was the best scenario for each league. However you wanna do it is fine by me but were taking that route in the show so I guess we can compare results.