Thread: Player Development

Player Development

What do you guys think? Option A or B?

Option A – Leave current players alone – wait for the changes to player aging/development to cycle through the league over time.

PRO – Everyone will be impacted the same way,
    CON – it will take awhile for new ‘normal’ development to cycle through the league

Option B – Develop current players extra (superflip) at the next season flip, to jumpstart the transition and make younger players most closely resemble players in the new aging/development model. This is a ONE-TIME option as we move towards more gradual/optional changes to game mechanics. How it works:

*Players 20-21 year olds will receive one additional year of development
    *Players 22-23 year olds will receive two additional years of development
    *Players 24+ will receive three additional years of development
    *The “superflips” won’t age players extra or add decline

PRO – Current players under 30 will most closely resemble new players coming into the league.
    CON – All players/teams won’t be impacted the same way – older players will change very little.

Re: Player Development

B

I'm inclined to say B as well. In another one of my leagues, I started rebuilding right before the update... and I had multiple top draft picks that I'd drafted under the old system who never developed. I feel for anyone in those same shoes, & I think this is a way to play catch-up a little.

i also think B is a better choice , it will take the game much closer to what we once new

If your league is between 4/25 (draft drop) - 11/2: You are the clear cut ones - I suggest you pause at 11/1 - I'm keeping an eye on leagues, after the update you'd let league flip, I'll pause you, do the superflip, and let you know, and then you unpause.
    Psi Sigma WS 2084,2113,2118,2121,2127,2144,2148
    YOG WS 2054, 2088,2094,2107,2125,2126
    CSFBL Justice WS 2089,2109,2111,2118,2125,2131,2152
    BEER LEAGUE 2097,2105 2118,2119
    LOL 2125