Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2159 Season Discussion

2159 Season Discussion

...This has to be the absolute worst crop of preseason FA's I have ever seen in any league, ever...

Re: 2159 Season Discussion

It's my first crop of them since coming back, and I was thinking to myself "people pay an extra $5 mil to sign these guys??!?"
    What is best in life?
    Chimichangas!

Agreed, that was terrible. 38 year olds... that was a waste. There are settings for the FA in league commisoner settings FA class age: major league or Minor league. Pretty sure it`s a new thing. So I kicked it down to minor league for next season. We will see what kind of difference it makes.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:23

I was considering making a request for a slew of FA. I would say less than half of the draftees I've been raising up are ever gonna reach their potentials and the ones that do won't likely hit them before the early attributes (SP, BA, PO) start to decline. I assume this is community/league wide.

So we could do a FA order as mentioned... or increase the amount of FA for next year (or both?) seems like this could be a good remedy to this slow development problem.

However, I would like to propose that some of the lower W teams get first 'pick(s)' (via the reassignment tool) in an effort to help with league parity.

Thoughts?
    I'm not trying to reward losing at all. The facts are some owners pay more attention to their teams than others, therefore build better teams. So in an effort to close the gap a little this might be worth doing.

I have a few more thoughts but just wanted to get this out there, to see what you guys want to do...
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:23

I already parted out a bunch of my lineup (aging players but still good) to try and make the Papua (Oakland Z) team more competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by romans View Post

Agreed, that was terrible. 38 year olds... that was a waste. There are settings for the FA in league commisoner settings FA class age: major league or Minor league. Pretty sure it`s a new thing. So I kicked it down to minor league for next season. We will see what kind of difference it makes.
    ...Did that in another league, with 25 LM age group...Had a good mix up to age 26, with reasonable financial demands, and about a third of them were of decent numbers.... Perhaps a "AAA" age group option might be a good compromise between the choices... "LM" is worth trying...

I'm good with closing the gap somehow. There seems to be no genuine movement of talent from winning teams to teams trying to get competitive. Lack of parity mechanisms (FO Allocations) + dreadful development makes the game unbalanced.
    Trading > Winning

Quote Originally Posted by NBills View Post
    I'm good with closing the gap somehow. There seems to be no genuine movement of talent from winning teams to teams trying to get competitive. Lack of parity mechanisms (FO Allocations) + dreadful development makes the game unbalanced.
    Yeah there's nothing encouraging (no incentive) an owner over the cap to thin out players. No real penalty or benefit like there was with front office allocations.

Well, I propose 50 to 70 FAs - 24 to 26 years old. Good to great, so they will all be usable. Some of the best players will not get bid on they will be sent to teams via the reassignment tool. Teams with negatives in the Difference between RS and RA, will score some beefy offensive help and a stud or two pitching help. These players will be renamed as well... currently all I can think of is dead presidents... (trading for these dead presidents will be highly frowned upon)
    I have 2 problems.
    1. As much as I'd like to I would rather not force start these dead presidents. Meaning what can be done if the owner doesn't play the players?
    2. Will the presidents get to their teams before you (we) hungry owners try bidding on them... since not all owners are checking forum this can only happen at the flip (actually I guess it could also happen after the season is over)... so that will have to be the timeframe to shoot for.
    I guess 3... If you would not like to receive 'help' in the form of these presidents... I will respect that however the 60 win minimum is an expectation in this league, evaluate your team and the competition before opting out.

After the presidents (unless we come up with something better? to call them) are dispersed there should still be a healthy amount of solid young FA to bid on, I wish we could convince everyone just to bid the minimum... but that's another discussion.

What do you guys think about this?
    If somehow we were organized enough to do this at the end of the season we could get these guys in LM for a flip and click back the age group 23 to 25... might add some much needed excitement!

More thoughts...please.

So this is the first I heard of it but apparently we can get a superflip...
    https://blogs.csfbl.com/2023/01/20/t...t-model/?amp=1
    I will be getting YY on this list! Perhaps some of our LM dudes will actually be starters after all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast