Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2095 Season Discussion

2095 Season Discussion

Not a great start when your team ERA finally drops down below 10.00 on the back of a 7-1 loss.

Maybe my team RA is causing an overflow error or something, because we are getting absolutely demolished.

Re: 2095 Season Discussion

New cat in town in Mark Aycock division. Thunderclap Wolves dominating early goings.
    Oakland As - Remake MLB (lost 1 WS, 3 CS, 2 DS in 7 seasons)
    Tulsa Drillers - Remake AA (lost WS in 2144)
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (WS in 1st season in 2078 and not much since)
    Howlin' Wolf - Hippystock Moshpit (since #USB need to reorient in a now deadball league)
    St. Louis Cardinals - Dynasty (nothing to show, league with little scouting and lots of ill-humored owners)
    Berlin Black Holes - Upsilon Sigma Mu (3 WS won in inaugural seasons)

(see my user record in CSFBL)

The moose can’t decide if they are all washed up or ready to compete for a title. Could this be one last push!?

Doubt it but will be fun to watch this staff who has an avg age of 35.4 and a 39 year old closer. Riding this train till the wheels fall off.
    League: Team Names (WS Titles)
    Moneyball: Chernobyl Isotopes (2121, 2123, 2125, 2126, 2130)
    Psi Phi: Minnesota Moose (2085, 2086, 2087)
    Blue Chip: LBV Magic (2020, 2022)
    LoC: Pittsburg Pirates (2093)
    Little League: MB Marlins (2035, 2039, 2040)
    Knights of CSFBL: Terracotta Warriors (2056, 2061, 2072)
    Outlaws: Black Hills Bison (2030, 2031)
    Penny Pinchers: Minnesota Muskies (1981)
    Psi Psi: Vatican City Cardinals (2011)
    RTTB: Detroit Tigers (1961)
    Viva: Mogadishu Warlords (1990)

I know I've said it before and not really gone through with it, but based on how this season has started I'm pretty sure the Horrors are going to be going into full rebuilding mode this year. I'm gonna give it a little more time since we've been streaky before and come back from a losing record, but pretty much every team is taking us to town this year, even at home which has usually been our strong point. Full roster might go up for trades - not sure if we'll get any good draft picks this season but might be able to work out a few future trades once people in contention need to shore up their lineup with vets.

Williamsburg is one-hit in 4-0 loss to Big Sky.
    Oakland As - Remake MLB (lost 1 WS, 3 CS, 2 DS in 7 seasons)
    Tulsa Drillers - Remake AA (lost WS in 2144)
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (WS in 1st season in 2078 and not much since)
    Howlin' Wolf - Hippystock Moshpit (since #USB need to reorient in a now deadball league)
    St. Louis Cardinals - Dynasty (nothing to show, league with little scouting and lots of ill-humored owners)
    Berlin Black Holes - Upsilon Sigma Mu (3 WS won in inaugural seasons)

(see my user record in CSFBL)

Our pitching is still getting rocked, especially considering our staff's dominance last year. We're slowly working our way back to .500, but it's taking a while.

We're 3-11 at home, and while we did update our stadium, the only change was going from a large foul area to an average one--what I thought was a minor tweak. Maybe we were just getting like 50% of our outs last year in foul territory.

Looking at the team stats, so far the top 3 offenses are all in Aycock, along with the 5th and 9th best. Might just be a case of offense ramping up dramatically in the division.

...Pitching is almost decent to awful to start the season, with established starters ERA's and losses skyrocketing... On the offensive side, averages overall are down, with the notable exception of 3rd year man 2B Charles Flores. After a dismal start last season before the patch, he rallied to hit 50 HR's after going his first 14 games with none... This season, he's off to a .320 start, with 20 HR's in 31 games played and 31 RBI.
    ...Flores is currently leading the league in HR's. He's 3rd in runs scored and RBI.
    ...Don't expect the pace to last, I mean, a 100 HR pace just can't be maintained all season long... (can it?)...Gladly settle for 75 or so
    ...Veteran OF Martin Andrews is also off to a good start with 15 HR's and 27 RBI...
    ...Alas, the pitching, which was so promising last season has allowed 155 runs scored, while the offense has contributed 130...
    ...Currently 2 games below .500, after winning 7 of our last 10...

It was a tough decision, but in the end I think trading our two closest players to superstars to the Minnesota Moose is the best bet for the Horrors team. Mathews had one of his best seasons in 2094 but at 30 he would likely be hitting the tail end of his stride (if that) by the time a true rebuild ended up happening, due to the new way stats work for new draftees. Same deal for Strobel at 29, who has been an up-and-down reliable starter for Arkham over the years. Sending them to the Moose and giving them a shot at the title seemed like a more worthwhile use of their talents as opposed to keeping them to rot on a team that only has an outside chance at the playoffs.

Getting two draft picks (including a 1st rounder) to compensate for trading away our 1st rounder last season gives us a head start in the rebuilding phase, and we got two potential rookies for down the line. The two aging replacements in Whitfield and Smith will keep the team in fighting shape this season if the rest of the team gets their groove back, but I'm not expecting a playoff run at this point, just some good baseball.

Aycock is currently sporting all 6 teams at .500 or greater. Houston has finally managed to get back into the black after an 8-15 start, but we're still 5 games back of Williamsburg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast