Thread: Does anyone even try in the league anymore

Does anyone even try in the league anymore

5 hours from free agency, and 70% of the teams haven't done anything to their roster. Very little incentive to try anymore it seems.

Re: Does anyone even try in the league anymore

Can't say the FA offerings so far have been especially deep. There were a couple of potential pen arms, but I don't think I'm financially in a decent enough place to win out against others' bids.

Is the complaint that other owners haven't cut enough talent for others to sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardboardtube View Post
    Can't say the FA offerings so far have been especially deep. There were a couple of potential pen arms, but I don't think I'm financially in a decent enough place to win out against others' bids.

Is the complaint that other owners haven't cut enough talent for others to sign?
    Since the new update, I find salaries have decreased. The only way to get good player into this league is to draft, and now almost all teams can afford to keep players behind in the minors. The complaint is that we are half way through the off season, and half the league hasn't made a roster change.

FA, for me at least, has devolved into backfilling roster spots or really fishing for a hidden gem.

Salary updates have made it easier to hang onto marginal talent that usually was dropped.

If the goal of this league is active FA through difficult decisions because of the cap, and we've now observed reduced FA activity over a few seasons we should think about lowering the cap?

Yes, I wanted to make some moves but had some $ issues I had to resolve.