Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions

Re: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by KingRat View Post
    Why do the Admins spend time on this when you can spend time bringing No Scouting back to CSFBL like Zubaz had mentioned on the August 11 podcast. It's not a difficult task and should be priority.

"We'll try to find a way to fix this as soon as possible."
    You must be fun at parties...

Thank you. Doing what I can to try and save my league.
    Are you a serious CSFBL competitor?
    Join Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Whitfield View Post
    not really a question here, but a statement. I applaud the effort to have some fun here and get everyone involved.
    Whit-
    Thanks man.

Dbacks - changing positions pays off in potentials in the long-run, but since there is a one season sprint, it SHOULD have the same impact on actuals as playing out of position.

Quick question, when we are setting our lineups during the 3 day period are we allowed to change the position of a player ? You know, the new one time change a position feature.
    Carlsburg Specials - Beer League, WSC 2081, 2089, 2093, 2095, 2104, 2115, 2117
    Cloud City Turncoats - Empire Strikes Back, WSC 1991, 2038
    Houston Colt 45s/Astros - Historical Replay, WSC 1975
    Howe Gauche - Kapsileta, WSC 2054, 2057
    Kansas City Monarchs - MLB Throwback, WSC 2032, 2044, 2046
    Texas Rangers - MLB Classic, WSC 2142, 2157
    Kiruna Laplanders - MLB World, WSC 2114, 2118
    Hudson Hornets - GOAT 4 and 5, RTB - Galveston Buccaneers
    Winner of Redraft 2.1

Yes, you can change a player's position. This has the exact same impact on actuals as playing them out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    Thanks man.

Dbacks - changing positions pays off in potentials in the long-run, but since there is a one season sprint, it SHOULD have the same impact on actuals as playing out of position.
    Thanks! I guess it makes sense that the numbers in a single season should be the same impact, given how the game appears to be written, but MENTALLY, it's a completely different thing! Because players don't appear to play as well in the year they're transitioning, or, at least that's what I've convinced myself after having at least 2 players (a clear trend!) struggle in the year I'm playing them out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbacksfan72 View Post
    Thanks! I guess it makes sense that the numbers in a single season should be the same impact, given how the game appears to be written, but MENTALLY, it's a completely different thing! Because players don't appear to play as well in the year they're transitioning, or, at least that's what I've convinced myself after having at least 2 players (a clear trend!) struggle in the year I'm playing them out of position.
    I triple-checked it, since I'd had this question a few times.

If someone registers a team, and then for whatever reason -- forgetting, schedule conflict, can't get to a computer, etc. -- does not go in and set things up during the several days of pre-season, do the initial lineup settings somewhat reflect a "reasonable" lineup? I'm guessing maybe "yes" in terms of fielding (i.e. a 2B would be put in the 2B spot) but not as far as a batting order.....and definitely not for pitching?

The typical lineup setting that happens with unowned teams will happen here, with a players' overall ratings relied on determine who is place in lineup. "Reasonable" lineup, but you'll be better off putting the tender loving care into maximizing it yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12