Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions

Questions

Hey, there is a contest if you haven't heard - details HERE

First two questions I got:

What is the scouting setting?
    Scouting is off, meaning you have full information on the actuals of the players.

Why can't I access the spreadsheet on the wiki?
    Fixed now. Here you go - tinker away.
    Last edited by citizenclone; September 20, 2022 at 07:23 PM.

Re: Faq

Can I adjust my stadium?
    When the expectations are so low, you cant possibly lose.

Re: Faq

Quote Originally Posted by mattgcoot29 View Post
    Can I adjust my stadium?
    Yes. Answered in TCL thread too, changes allowed until preseason ends (and everything is locked down or locked in).

Re: Questions

When will the normalization adjustment be calculated? Will the leagues be set and then the formula is run or it the normalization adjustment coming from another league?

If by chance, everyone had the same players, then the normalization adjustment will make everyone players 50s across the board and the results would be random.

Quote Originally Posted by spambox View Post
    When will the normalization adjustment be calculated? Will the leagues be set and then the formula is run or it the normalization adjustment coming from another league?

If by chance, everyone had the same players, then the normalization adjustment will make everyone players 50s across the board and the results would be random.
    Normalization happens throughout the season and is league specific. It doesn't mean all players play the same - your guy with 50s is still worse than your guy with 60s - it does mean that overall stats should be relatively similar across FA leagues - an average player plays like an average player, wherever that average is. Factor that into your strategy as you see fit.

If everyone played the exact same way - same players/same settings - then yes, results would be random. Is there a game where that wouldn't be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    Normalization happens throughout the season and is league specific. It doesn't mean all players play the same - your guy with 50s is still worse than your guy with 60s - it does mean that overall stats should be relatively similar across FA leagues - an average player plays like an average player, wherever that average is. Factor that into your strategy as you see fit.

If everyone played the exact same way - same players/same settings - then yes, results would be random. Is there a game where that wouldn't be the case?
    I didn't phrase the question correctly, if all the players were the same obviously the results would be random no matter normalization or not, the delta is different in this league versus another league because the distribution of ratings is narrower.

The basics of the question was will normalization work the same in this league as any other league, and seems like the answer is yes.

Since we won't know what league we're in until we've already created our team... its a rather moot question. But, I get it. One of my first thoughts was "is it going to be normalized?"

It seems like normalization is such an integral/base part of the csfbl system now, that anything they do (event/tournament/etc) would include this. They wouldn't re-write the game to create an event... but rather create event code that would run on the system that exists. Makes sense I think.
    Franchise Four
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)

Why do the Admins spend time on this when you can spend time bringing No Scouting back to CSFBL like Zubaz had mentioned on the August 11 podcast. It's not a difficult task and should be priority.

"We'll try to find a way to fix this as soon as possible."
    Last edited by KingRat; September 20, 2022 at 04:36 PM.
    Are you a serious CSFBL competitor?
    Join the Dynasty Waiting List

*Patiently waiting for No Scouting to return to CSFBL since June 12, 2022.

not really a question here, but a statement. I applaud the effort to have some fun here and get everyone involved.
    Whit-

The contest details page says that penalties for playing out of position will apply--does that mean we can't change the positions of players we choose? or that we'll just take the normal hit if we do move someone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast