Thread: rollercoaster ride

rollercoaster ride

8/25/78 - John Travolta stops by the locker room during his worldwind Grease promotional tour to give inspirational speech to his favorite team, the Los Angeles King Kongs who are stuck in a very mediocre 60-71 rut. There isn't a dry eye in the place.

Team went on a 20-6 run and appeared to totally be into the playoffs!!!!!....then got swept by Binopolis and almost gave it away and we don't like to talk about that, but squeaked into the playoffs at 80-80 with a tiebreaker over Ashburnham. Affectionately become known as 'the worst playoff team anyone can remember.'

Up 3-0 in the DCS, then give back two and make it scary before finishing the series.

Down 0-3 in the LCS and everyone assumes the dream is dead...and then win three in a row, and take it to a game 7 and get me as excited about a game as I have been in awhile.

And the dream was in fact dead. Congrats BornHusker, go get him in the WS.

Re: rollercoaster ride

3-0 to 3-3s make for the most thrilling game 7s.

Las Cruces went up 2-0 then lost three straight but now we've forced Game 7. We just blew a 3-0 World Series lead in another league so blowing a 2-0 lead won't even be the worst thing that's happened recently.

Still, we're putting Richard Beyer out there for this Game 7. The midseason acquisition was hopefully the final piece of the puzzle to get this WS win and we gave up all our promising pitching prospects to take a shot at this year. I'll wake up and find out if it worked out.

I want to thank the King Kongs for putting up such a fight against my Oaks in the LCS. It really helped them focus and come from behind to win the first World Series title of my GM career!

Thank you also to Las Cruces for an excellent WS. I'm just thankful Todd Sims had some left in the tank! 8 IP, 2H, 3BB, and 10 K's for a Game 7 win!

Great Season everybody!

Congrats to BornHusker and Elkhart on a epic World Series victory. We had a nine game winning streak in the playoffs and were feeling pretty confident after sweeping the defending champs but it was not meant to be. Our offense took a step back so we will certainly be looking to make improvements there in the offseason to try and make it back.

This is my 2nd straight 7 game WS loss in a row. The other one was a 3-0 blown lead so we're gonna learn how to close series out eventually.

Thank you for the kind words! It was truly a team effort to get to this point. Aside from my 2-time MVP, there are not a lot of "stars" on this roster according to the awards received.

Going back-to-back is never a given, so we are looking forward to spring training and working hard to improve.

Best of luck in the new season everyone!
    Owner of :
    Alderaan Angels (Lightsabers and Blasters) *est. mid-2102
    Colorado Rockies (MLB Str8 8s) *est. 2109 Division Finalist 2109, 2111
    Elkhart Oaks (Training Day) *est. 1977 1978 WS CHAMP
    Fort Myers Mighty Mussels (C-Town Open) *est. early-2119
    Lincoln Saltdogs (Cooperstown Prospects) *est. mid-2036

Glad we could help! Kind of.

Congrats BH, let's work on stopping that repeat.

Congrats !
    Owner of :
    Binopolis Blue Sox (BCP) *est.1982
    Binopolis Red Sox (RHP) *day 1 WS Finalist 1981 Division Finalist 1982 ; 1983
    Binopolis Classic Sox(Classic Prospect) *day 1 WS Finalist 1981
    Bowie Baysox (MLB - ReMake AA) *est. 2088 WS CHAMP 2088 WS Finalist 2089
    Gwinnett Braves (MLB - ReMake AA) *est. 2091
    Kansas City Monarchs (TCB) *est. 1983
    St Louis Cardinals (TML) *est. 1963 WS Finalist 1964 Division Finalist 1963, 1966 Conference Finalist 1967

Congrats Bornhusker!

Congrats
    Sabrejet27
    MLB Showdown/ Chicago Cubs
    Omega Lambda Phi/ Nichols City Bison
    National Pastime/Columbus Jets
    A New Hope/Buffalo Bison
    Two Major Leagues/L.A. Dodgers
    Training Day/Ashburnham Arrows
    Front Office Baseball/Washington Nationals