Re: 2032 Talk

Dropped Russell by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by jt3mer View Post
    Dropped Russell by mistake
    Don't do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by G Sparks View Post
    Don't do that again.
    Lol checked transactions after looking at my picks and it said I dropped him, oh crap fat finger on the phone!!

https://www.csfbl.com/game/46637152/boxscore

Angel hernandez must have been behind the plate for this game, 99 control has 8 walks in 13 ip, elite sy and CO not playing well in F.A. era.

Quote Originally Posted by jt3mer View Post
    https://www.csfbl.com/game/46637152/boxscore

Angel hernandez must have been behind the plate for this game, 99 control has 8 walks in 13 ip, elite sy and CO not playing well in F.A. era.
    Look at elite CO pitchers across the league. Elite SY is probably a negative.

That game is a 1-off, similar to many games Rose has had in his career. He has on average about 1 of these per year. 99 CO and SY his entire career.

2032: 8 BB in 13 IP
    2030: 6 BB in 9 IP
    2030: 8 BB in 9 IP (playoffs)
    2029: 7 BB in 9 IP
    2028: 6 BB in 9 IP

Weird things happen. Some are due to the changes. This one is likely just a lot of very improbable dice rolls.

Team Canadas closer, 21 year old Jose Waller made 64 appearances, competed 52 consecutive saves in a row (dating back to last season), before suffering his first blown save, the second last game of the season.

I knew Gary Atwell was having a solid season, but I didn't realize he was the best pitcher in all of GOAT (a full 25% more LWTS over #2) until after I saw his salary projected to go up to $13,000,000 next year.

Sadly he wasn't enough. We surged late, but didn't quite make up enough ground to get back in the playoffs. I'll have to content myself with just having a winning record, which wasn't at all a given as I think we had a losing one for most of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by wfn71 View Post
    I’m hoping my team’s awful performance last year was due mainly to bad luck, because I have no reason to think my team is going to dramatically improve otherwise. My SS RA did improve from 63 to 68…maybe that helps? I’m trying turf this year in the hope that it hurts my high-ish RA outfielders less than it hurts my opponents (if that makes any sense?). And maybe FA Era rules will help???

I’m grasping.

Realistically, after last years 91 losses, 80 wins would be thrilling beyond words. But I’m not sure we can increase by 11 wins just by improved luck and a few minor potential improvements. So while I’m hoping for the best, I’m not really expecting it. I believe I’ll win a few more games, but I’m not sure it’ll be many.

Help is a few years away. My #1 last year should develop into a monster hitter…eventually…. And I have a few young players developing. And I have the #2 pick this year. Heck, I also have the #28 pick this year, it’s possible that could turn into something. So if my team stinks it up again this year, maybe we can be better by year 4 or 5. Time will tell.

Cheers,
    Wayne
    I don’t know if I’ve experienced a swing like this from one season to the next, with only minor lineup changes. I went from 91 losses to 90 wins.

At the time when I said I’d be thrilled with 80 wins I meant it. However, having had the 2nd best run differential and coming within a few games of the playoffs (I think I was officially eliminated around September 23rd), I’m instead finding myself disappointed that we couldn’t scrape together a couple more wins to make the playoffs.

Next year?
    Last edited by wfn71; September 22, 2022 at 11:30 AM.
    Leagues
    Beer League: Shiner Bocks
    GOAT:
    Ranger Danger
    Historical Replay:
    Washington Senators/Texas Rangers
    Lawn Chair: Tiki Torches
    LEG: Plano Wildcats
    MLB ReMake:
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    MLB Str8 8s:
    Cleveland Indians
    MONEYBALL:
    Star City Cosmonauts
    Negro League Tribute: Newark Eagles
    Pacific Coast League: Arkansas Travelers
    Rounding Third Base: Wahoo Crop Dusters
    Spring Training: West Plano Nutria

Despite the high cost of living, it remains quite popular.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast