Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2032 Talk

2032 Talk

New season starts tomorrow! Tracking how players behave in the free agent era should be very interesting. Looking at Toggenburg this year, I'd say the remarkable balance should continue.

Re: 2032 Talk

I intentionally drafted several players based on what we thought we knew about FA era. I'm concerned the hitters I took hoping CN had a nice buff to it won't actually happen and my offense is going to continue to struggle. I do think the Ps I targeted are going to be better in FA than they were last season (plus they all dev'd some as well). So we'll see. I don't have a lot of confidence in my offense at this point though. Still just hoping to hang on and ride out the next few seasons until PSFA hit.

Quote Originally Posted by balmers View Post
    I intentionally drafted several players based on what we thought we knew about FA era. I'm concerned the hitters I took hoping CN had a nice buff to it won't actually happen and my offense is going to continue to struggle. I do think the Ps I targeted are going to be better in FA than they were last season (plus they all dev'd some as well). So we'll see. I don't have a lot of confidence in my offense at this point though. Still just hoping to hang on and ride out the next few seasons until PSFA hit.
    Same here. I have a lot banking on the high CN guys doing much better than I would expect with classic. If that doesn't happen for whatever reason, my offense is completely hosed, probably for the whole sprint lol.

I also nabbed some guys with more CN than I normally would. Historically CN/SL was something to be scared of, and I did not shy away from it this draft. I've been hoping for improved slugging because of it, but we'll see.

I’m hoping my team’s awful performance last year was due mainly to bad luck, because I have no reason to think my team is going to dramatically improve otherwise. My SS RA did improve from 63 to 68…maybe that helps? I’m trying turf this year in the hope that it hurts my high-ish RA outfielders less than it hurts my opponents (if that makes any sense?). And maybe FA Era rules will help???

I’m grasping.

Realistically, after last years 91 losses, 80 wins would be thrilling beyond words. But I’m not sure we can increase by 11 wins just by improved luck and a few minor potential improvements. So while I’m hoping for the best, I’m not really expecting it. I believe I’ll win a few more games, but I’m not sure it’ll be many.

Help is a few years away. My #1 last year should develop into a monster hitter…eventually…. And I have a few young players developing. And I have the #2 pick this year. Heck, I also have the #28 pick this year, it’s possible that could turn into something. So if my team stinks it up again this year, maybe we can be better by year 4 or 5. Time will tell.

Cheers,
    Wayne
    Leagues
    Beer League: Shiner Bocks
    GOAT:
    Ranger Danger
    Historical Replay:
    Washington Senators/Texas Rangers
    Lawn Chair: Tiki Torches
    LEG: Plano Wildcats
    MLB ReMake:
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    MLB Str8 8s:
    Cleveland Indians
    MONEYBALL:
    Star City Cosmonauts
    Negro League Tribute: Newark Eagles
    Pacific Coast League: Arkansas Travelers
    Rounding Third Base: Wahoo Crop Dusters
    Spring Training: West Plano Nutria

Despite the high cost of living, it remains quite popular.

I'm hoping FA era conditions even out a few things will help my high contact guys who didn't perform last season and boost those that did. But, I don't have much of a bullpen, or an ace, so hopefully a vanilla rotation will be solid enough to stay relevant. I have no clue that to expect with the FA era however. I haven't looked at the rest of the division's offseason, but I think most of us are playing for the back end. So could be hope of a playoff return. But, I'd be happy with .500 again.
    World Series Record: 4 - 7
    Dodgers Baseball(defunct): Sherman Oaks Spartans: 1964 (L)
    Big League: Seattle Sasquatches: 1995 (W), 1996 (L), 2019 (L)
    Xtra Bases: Seattle Chinook: 2094 (W), 2096 (L), 2099 (L)
    Dynasty: Detroit Tigers: AL Champs 1983, 1984
    Lawn Chair: Mill Creek Mules: 2033 (W), 2034 (W)

Man that draft list is rough. Sorry to anyone who was looking for pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by G Sparks View Post
    brutal. I have the #2 and really need pitching but won’t do it. I’ll be taking a hitter.
    Leagues
    Beer League: Shiner Bocks
    GOAT:
    Ranger Danger
    Historical Replay:
    Washington Senators/Texas Rangers
    Lawn Chair: Tiki Torches
    LEG: Plano Wildcats
    MLB ReMake:
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    MLB Str8 8s:
    Cleveland Indians
    MONEYBALL:
    Star City Cosmonauts
    Negro League Tribute: Newark Eagles
    Pacific Coast League: Arkansas Travelers
    Rounding Third Base: Wahoo Crop Dusters
    Spring Training: West Plano Nutria

Despite the high cost of living, it remains quite popular.

Quote Originally Posted by G Sparks View Post
    Yeah, this is day and night from last season. Why couldn't I have had #7 next year?

I have mediocre pitching and awful hitting. If you have mediocre hitting and awful pitching maybe we could trade.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast