Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: 2152 edition of where trades go to die

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,896

    2152 edition of where trades go to die

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAfroman06 View Post
    I'm going to try to thread the needle here. Want to do a little buying and selling. Interested in some relief pitcher and Middle infield defense. Willing to move some guys around in the right deals. I'll get a more in depth list of who I'd be open to moving posted here later today when I've had a little more time to decide who I think I can live without. In the meantime, feel free to reach out if there's someone you like or if you have any of relief pitchers or MI defense to move.

    If people aren't a fan of drafting currently, I'd talk pick swaps or picks as well. I don't mind taking the plunge and risks in the draft.

    Active Roster
    Low Minors
    What’s the best bat I can get for pick 13?

    What is the best I can get for 87 Pitcher B. Donald?

    I can upgrade your SS and 2B to decent while we are at it.

    Also open to swapping similar position players with folks to improve my offense and trade partner’s defense. LF Auyeng or 3B Olsen good def players as an example.
    Last edited by jpax73; September 4, 2022 at 04:45 PM.
    PM to add username to Redraft 4.1 waiting list. Seasons 2.3 and 3.1 tracking close together now and will be backfilled before next 8 start new 4.1 season. Great practice before TOC2.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    42,023

    Re: 2152 edition of where trades go to die

    Would trade Won Songsu for a pick. Average bat (59) with excellent defense in CF (89).

    https://www.csfbl.com/player/4999210/view
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., '83, '84, '87, '89, '94, '99, ret. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret. RDML '65, '66, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    central virginia
    Posts
    32,006

    Re: 2152 edition of where trades go to die

    Have a few pieces to trade. i'll take your failing prospects, players generally under age 27. preference is pitchers. can add in a prospect to get a better prospect.


    natural catchers:

    Jeffrey Whitaker a stretch to call him a catcher. anyway, dependable OBP guy, currently in the .400's

    Larry Williams a legit catcher who is hitting very well.

    Leonel Ledet less inclined to deal, want to see how he does after i sell one of the others.

    1b:

    William Jump can really play most positions decently. good OBP bat with some SL, great for vs LHP.

    Anthony Wong lefty bat, keeps growing, not really worth much.

    2b:

    Thomas Mitchell old man still hitting okay. maybe a platooner for you. cheap

    3b:

    Daniel Rios still all SL and RA. more a utility guy for me, but probably an upgrade for someone.

    Gerardo Martinez he's hitting, and hes old and hes cheap

    SS

    Jose Thompson if you like mid70's RA/DI and lefty bats.


    OF:

    Frank Thomas legit lefty bat, good defense, some tread on the tire.

    David Anderson all around bat, solid defense

    Donald Caine more a DH, started slow, should finish strong. all ba.

    William Thomas if you are still into elite RA in CF

    Gerald Saulter youngish, sluggery


    pitching: its pitiful

    David Gray pretty strong ratings, but **** EN. but if you want that big bullpen arm just in case for the playoffs, come on get him


    Robert Troutt Bob Coleman Joseph Strickland are all better than FA bullpen pieces.
    I love it when you hate me.... in fake baseball games... not in real life... what are you my mother?

    Simple Rules:

    1. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

    2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or an elite player, then don't take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

    3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

    4. Win how you want to win in this game. A lot of us try to define what is the best way or the worst way. Take the easy road and take the easy wins. Then, later, when you realize how boring that can be, find the hard ways to win. Then, show others.

  4. #44

    Re: 2152 edition of where trades go to die

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdbpimpin1 View Post
    Have a few pieces to trade. i'll take your failing prospects, players generally under age 27. preference is pitchers. can add in a prospect to get a better prospect.


    natural catchers:

    Jeffrey Whitaker a stretch to call him a catcher. anyway, dependable OBP guy, currently in the .400's

    Larry Williams a legit catcher who is hitting very well.

    Leonel Ledet less inclined to deal, want to see how he does after i sell one of the others.

    1b:

    William Jump can really play most positions decently. good OBP bat with some SL, great for vs LHP.

    Anthony Wong lefty bat, keeps growing, not really worth much.

    2b:

    Thomas Mitchell old man still hitting okay. maybe a platooner for you. cheap

    3b:

    Daniel Rios still all SL and RA. more a utility guy for me, but probably an upgrade for someone.

    Gerardo Martinez he's hitting, and hes old and hes cheap

    SS

    Jose Thompson if you like mid70's RA/DI and lefty bats.


    OF:

    Frank Thomas legit lefty bat, good defense, some tread on the tire.

    David Anderson all around bat, solid defense

    Donald Caine more a DH, started slow, should finish strong. all ba.

    William Thomas if you are still into elite RA in CF

    Gerald Saulter youngish, sluggery


    pitching: its pitiful

    David Gray pretty strong ratings, but **** EN. but if you want that big bullpen arm just in case for the playoffs, come on get him


    Robert Troutt Bob Coleman Joseph Strickland are all better than FA bullpen pieces.
    I'm interested in David Gray. Could send former 1st rounder Edward Perdue if you wanted to take a flier on him

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    central virginia
    Posts
    32,006

    Re: 2152 edition of where trades go to die

    Quote Originally Posted by drinkslinger View Post
    I'm interested in David Gray. Could send former 1st rounder Edward Perdue if you wanted to take a flier on him
    Perdue is not a fun looking guy. I'd take Toth/Metivier as a package for Gray. Toth looks like at least his FI will get there.
    I love it when you hate me.... in fake baseball games... not in real life... what are you my mother?

    Simple Rules:

    1. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

    2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or an elite player, then don't take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

    3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

    4. Win how you want to win in this game. A lot of us try to define what is the best way or the worst way. Take the easy road and take the easy wins. Then, later, when you realize how boring that can be, find the hard ways to win. Then, show others.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdbpimpin1 View Post
    Perdue is not a fun looking guy. I'd take Toth/Metivier as a package for Gray. Toth looks like at least his FI will get there.
    Sorry I missed this until today. Been on vacation and partially checked out. I proposed this if you still want to do the deal

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •