Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resignation as commissioner and owner of the Blue Jays.

Resignation as commissioner and owner of the Blue Jays.

I am sad to say that at the end of this season after almost six years of running FOB, I will be leaving the league as commissioner and as a manager.
    Since the June update I have lost interest in CSFBL, and whilst I will retain some clubs for now my activity level and general interest is too low to justify running a league.
    Three months ago I would not have thought it possible that I would give up either league or club, but I have no motivation for any of it now.
    I hope that my time here has been appreciated, helping keeping ownership and activity up, running the drafts when we had them here in the forum and the Topps Tournament a few years ago.
    Sorry to abandon the league but it would never have happened if the USB update had not occurred and so it's the people behind the game who are to blame.

Please discuss here who should be the next commissioner.

Re: Resignation as commissioner and owner of the Blue Jays.

Sorry to see you go. Thanks for keeping the league going after BH left.

I was commissioner of this league a long time ago and would be happy to do it again if needed. I also wouldn’t object if any other owner wanted to step in and do it.

Thanks for all you have done for the league. I have enjoyed being a part of it. I am sorry to see you go, but I completely understand.

I may be willing to assist, but I don’t have the time to be a lead commissioner. Like Hank, I was a commissioner a long, long time ago, under a different username. That’s part of the reason I came back when benmc recruited owners years ago to keep the league from folding.

Thanks Benmc for all the effort you have put into this league. Probably much more effort than any of us are aware of. Best to you going forward.
    Go for it Hank. I'm hanging for a little while longer to see how it develops. Will start losing interest if/when my team falls below a .500 win pct.

I am starting to think maybe I will keep this team and drop my other Blue Jays. If I keep the team I may as well stay as commissioner and put some effort in to the league again. It might be the thing I need in order to gain enthusiasm for CSFBL again.

I really don't want to be a drama queen about this though and keep switching back and forth between staying and going.
    At this point I think I will just see how I feel at the end of the season. Sorry for the uncertainty on the matter.

Hope you decide to stay. But if you do go, thanks for a great DCS. The Astros pulled through in a nail biter game 7. Hopefully this rivalry will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Jepherson View Post
    Sorry to see you go. Thanks for keeping the league going after BH left.

I was commissioner of this league a long time ago and would be happy to do it again if needed. I also wouldn’t object if any other owner wanted to step in and do it.
    Well I've been hanging around with a couple teams, and now I see the Dodgers are open I might as well take them. I requested if someone will give them to me?

Sorry don't want any commish duties again

Quote Originally Posted by BengalHockey View Post
    Well I've been hanging around with a couple teams, and now I see the Dodgers are open I might as well take them. I requested if someone will give them to me?

Sorry don't want any commish duties again
    Awesome. Welcome back. I guess I should have checked but I assumed you dropped all of your teams at some point. I left in 2016 and just came back last year. Now we just need to pull Reds back in.

I did drop all of them. Just picked up a couple to follow a few months ago

Would be nice to get the team soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast