Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2151 Draft Thread

Re: 2151 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jellyinsd View Post
    I think I’m betting against a development bump in the world of normalization. Anything more than hope in your mind (for those of us who are Discord-deficient)?
    nope. just that the biggest complaint right now seems to be super slow development. I figure squeaky wheel gets the oil, so a super easy way to appease the masses is to bump up devs a percentage. kind of like they bumped up run scoring a bit.
    I love it when you hate me.... in fake baseball games... not in real life... what are you my mother?

Simple Rules:

1. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or an elite player, then don't take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

4. Win how you want to win in this game. A lot of us try to define what is the best way or the worst way. Take the easy road and take the easy wins. Then, later, when you realize how boring that can be, find the hard ways to win. Then, show others.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdbpimpin1 View Post
    nope. just that the biggest complaint right now seems to be super slow development. I figure squeaky wheel gets the oil, so a super easy way to appease the masses is to bump up devs a percentage. kind of like they bumped up run scoring a bit.
    based upon what Brian posted in Discord, I don't believe you're going to be getting the return you're hoping for, the 'oil' is being splashed into new code and update that we have yet to see, at least that's my take on what Brian's been posting in Discord

marsupial311 — 08/03/2022
    Will there ever be a development curve that is more individualized? Guys that grow fast for a few years and then plateau for a long period of time. Guys that make later gains in traditionally early declining ratings like PO and SP. Guys who are all around type players when they're drafted but a certain rating just develops bigger than normal. Things like that.

brian — 08/03/2022
    Yes and more. I think you will really like the improvements coming in this area!

brian — 08/03/2022
    Typical players were never intended to reach their potential in the early 20s, and not all players were supposed to reach their potential. There's been a lot of work on this internally and you'll likely hear what's coming soon.

brian also said the run scoring environment post USB was in line with what was desired for outcomes. yet it was was adjusted at some point.

I personally dont put a ton of value on one off statements from discord. I think the game development path is less rigid than is sometimes portrayed.
    I love it when you hate me.... in fake baseball games... not in real life... what are you my mother?

Simple Rules:

1. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or an elite player, then don't take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

4. Win how you want to win in this game. A lot of us try to define what is the best way or the worst way. Take the easy road and take the easy wins. Then, later, when you realize how boring that can be, find the hard ways to win. Then, show others.

shivadog(uytcow) — Today at 3:08 PM
    Any word on player development being changed or is this the new normal?

brian — Today at 4:36 PM
    Major update coming in this area to bring development into our intended targets and to add new levels of variability and uniqueness to players.

Cool. Another auto that I learn about on the news page within a couple of hours. These are fun.
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., '83, '84, '87, '89, '94, '99, ret. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret. RDML '65, '66, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

my 2nd pick was an auto, something should change. The "next pick coming soon" message is displayed too far in advance for me, I look and the pick is too far away to care about ranking 10 players. So it actually becomes something I ignore-when i should be taking action.
    Fighting Physicists - The Classic League
    "All science is either physics or stamp collecting." -Ernest Rutherford

Maybe if instead of 1 pick being processed every 3 hours, 6 picks are processed every 24 hours? Would change the timing overall a bit but would align with how block drafts have historically been run. So every night at midnight the whole block goes through. You lose the "on the clock" sensation but since that only lasts for 3 hours anyway it shouldn't really be a big impact. And you would have a full day to set a list of up to 6 players.

This is in addition to making the UI clearer everywhere, as we've mentioned. Giving more notifications and making them more specific - so literally saying "you're 6th up on the clock right now" on like every page would be helpful.

I just need it anywhere downstream of the franchise page. Instead I get to learn that my team is now “POWER PITCHING” despite ranking 23rd (ahead of only unowned Turda) in K/9. FEEL THE POWER! MISS YOUR PICKS!
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., '83, '84, '87, '89, '94, '99, ret. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret. RDML '65, '66, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234