Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remake State of the State

Re: Remake State of the State

If it was up to Brian we wouldn't have any potential ratings outside the overall rating. He doesn't want us to know anything.

That's one thing that bugs me a little bit is there doesn't seem to be much consideration for what the community wants.
    Current
    MLB Remake-D. Tigers-1976-2059 and 2088- WS:2-2
    MLB Classic-Det Tigers-1993-2076 and 2125- WS:3-4
    Justice-W.M. Whitecaps 2093- WS:1-1
    League of Legends-T.C. Walking Dead 2077- WS:1-3
    League of Champions-M. Marlins 2066- WS:5-1
    Brockmire League-Det Wolverines 1981- WS:4-2
    Historical Replay-Det Tigers 1964-
    GOAT 5/6-Port City/Mendoza
    Hippystock Moshpit-McGraw's Unforgiven 7/5/88
    Past
    Coors Field-Dodgers WS:7-2
    MLB Remake AAA WS:0-1
    MLB Remake AA WS:2-0
    Justice-C.B. Bonds 2042-2058 WS:1-1
    Tilted Tables-Pilots 1991- WS:2-6

Remake State of the State

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    That's one thing that bugs me a little bit is there doesn't seem to be much consideration for what the community wants.
    it would have been nice if they could’ve updated the platform and left classic gameplay the same. Not meant to be (I thought Z addressed it well in his podcast on survey results. I believe in his love of the game, stays very active as owner, and his desire to keep listening to community and building on game is evident.)

In the meantime … Since development has slowed way down, veterans, PSFAs and highly developed draftees increase in value and there is less trade value for picks and prospects (ultra patient may gain many seasons down the road).
    Last edited by jpax73; July 25, 2022 at 02:27 AM.
    PM to add username to Redraft 4.1 waiting list. Seasons 2.3 and 3.1 tracking close together now and will be backfilled before next 8 start new 4.1 season. Great practice before TOC2.

Quote Originally Posted by spambox View Post
    The game is a mess right now. There is no clear picture of where it is heading, so I find it impossible to understand what I am supposed to do with my team.

I get the impression that we are supposed to ride out the transition till things settle down, but I question how many people will stick around.

They really screwed up by not letting the legacy leagues stay as close to the old model as possible. Why they changed the normalization formula and development formulas for those leagues is confusing to me.

I wish they'd pull a new coke, and just bring back the classic model. They can keep updating new leagues, and just leave the old leagues as legacy.
    I wished for this at well. Now that makes us all sound as old guys whining, but I really think they kill interest of heavy users here.
    Oakland Athletics - Remake MLB (lost 1 World Series and 3 Conference Championships in 5 seasons)
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (WS in 1st season in 2078, so mostly the work of my predecessor)
    Howlin' Wolf - Hippystock Moshpit (since #USB need to reorient in a now deadball league)
    St. Louis Cardinals - Dynasty (well not much to show, it's a league with no scouting and lots of ill-humored owners)
    Berlin Black Holes - Upsilon Sigma Mu (WS won in inaugural season)

(see my user record in CSFBL)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPint View Post
    I've said it in other places, but people volunteering to test aren't the same as people that know about testing methodologies and are paid to do it. I'm sure it wasn't tested properly. If it was, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    One way is to let users test the new system. Another would be to run a thousand sims and let all players age and then see how the average ratings develop across all leagues (in statistical terms). A third way would be to then let experienced users take over such a league and see how they feel given the ratings, peaks, longevity of players etc.
    Oakland Athletics - Remake MLB (lost 1 World Series and 3 Conference Championships in 5 seasons)
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (WS in 1st season in 2078, so mostly the work of my predecessor)
    Howlin' Wolf - Hippystock Moshpit (since #USB need to reorient in a now deadball league)
    St. Louis Cardinals - Dynasty (well not much to show, it's a league with no scouting and lots of ill-humored owners)
    Berlin Black Holes - Upsilon Sigma Mu (WS won in inaugural season)

(see my user record in CSFBL)

I think many people believe that players now undergo a quicker decline. Actually, I pulled the numbers, and players decline more slowly than they did before. So the peak age is the same. Development is slower, many players (unknown?) won't make their peaks.

I believe development is also more predictable... such that after 1 flip (in the new model) you can see if they are a (relatively) quick developer or not.

As far as my opinion, I'm with you guys. I'm quite apathetic. Development and scouting don't make any difference in the Redraft setting... so I am finding the most joy there. I have dropped all of my teams except ReMake, Redraft, and ALTRA. I barely changed my rotation for the playoffs. I haven't even thought to engage in trades, as I don't have any sense how to value things.

I'm just waiting this out until the development team (hopefully) adds some skill back into the game. I see some areas where I can use some statistical analysis and figure how things work. It's a brand new world. It's unsettling. And, I've never been so disappointed in a game in my life. I wish we could go back in time. But, we don't have that option.

Finally, touching on veteran users, Brian has a vision. I don't think he's going to let anyone get in the way of that. I don't think he's going to listen much to what we say. I think Zuba saying that the community will guide how the game will be built - I just don't see it. If that were true, we wouldn't be here. They are targeting a community of users completely different than the current community. They probably believe (and maybe correctly so) that they can make a product that will appeal to a much bigger community than we have now. They might lose a whole bunch of veteran users in the process. The end may justify the means in their view (if they are successful). That's life. That's business.

Personally, I'll play until I don't find any joy in the game, or find something else that's more fun.
    Franchise Four
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12