Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And we are off

And we are off

One series done and Luke is the only one that’s undefeated.

I was enjoying my team, and then I gave up and excruciating three run triple in the 9th of the last game, and I hate everything.

Re: And we are off

That's a tough loss!

Las Cruces is playing well, top 3 in offense and pitching. We've got a solid lineup and a deep starting staff but our bullpen is very weak. Moving our starters around and keeping them fresh going into the postseason will be key to our playoff run. Granted, our "closer" is making 110k but is 5-2 with a 1.10 ERA and 6/6 in save chances. We still won't be making him a full time closer though.

We have the best RD in the league, the #1 offense and are facing a .500 team that ranked 19th in ERA. In classic CSFBL fashion, we are down 0-2

Finished just under .500 for year 1... My team has potential and definitely some guys needing seasoning in the minors. Pitching staff is pretty decent as far as WHIP for starters, but run support was clearly lacking... Case in point: Demetruis Fossett: 25/32 QS, 2.94 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, but finished 10-16.

Tosa squeaked into the LCS, where we’re currently tied 1-1. Cy Young winner Juan Carlos Cage has gone 1-3 in 4 starts, with a 5.65 ERA, after going 25-8 on the season with a 1.67. My starters as a whole have just 2 QS in 9 games, after pitching 111 QS during the regular season, good for 2nd in Training Day.

Fortunately, the offense has picked up over the last 4 games. MVP candidate SS Johnny Wilkinson hit 2/22 in the first 5 games of the postseason, but he has since gone 8/19 with 4 HR and 7 RBI. 1B Oliver Fox has been more steady in the postseason, slashing .324/.410/.618 with 2 HR and 6 RBI after a somewhat disappointing regular season.

Congratulations Nailers!
    Best wishes to you in the World Series.

Whit-

Gonna bow out of the league.
    Was fun , but want to concentrate on some other leagues.
    Whit-

Congrats Tosa on the WS win! Coming back in both the LCS and the WS after being down 3-1 is pretty impressive!

Congrats Tosa. Your team is just a lot stronger than mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast