Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: League rules

League rules

Should we establish some formal league rules? Or is everything allowed by CSFBL allowed in our league?

For example, do we expect that owners will not cut a player that they won in a free agent bidding war, expecting to re-sign that same player without the original signing bonus? Or do we expect everyone to vigilantly watch the League Transactions and take advantage of someone trying to do that?

Re: League rules

I do not currently have the bandwidth to be free agent czar - if you are offering to keep track of free agent bonuses and transactions, then we could talk about rules that you guys like on free agents.

I wasn't expecting the commissioners to do any heavy lifting. I was imagining that it would be up to other owners in the league to notice the activity, perhaps even weeks after it happened. Without a rule, an owner who is caught doing that would be justified in saying, "There's nothing wrong with what I did—there's no rule against it." If we want to encourage that, then fine. If we don't want people to do it, though, then it having a rule on the books would make that clear.

I like the spirit of the rule, but I don't want to make rules that we can't enforce, or would enforce inconsistently.

I would encourage you to make a wall of free agent shame for people that drop a guy and immediately pick him back up, and maybe we can nudge people in the right direction?

What do you think we should do? I have not used them in normal league before.

I wanted us to have a good starting point for folks, but I don’t know what a good sustainable model is. I am in favor of increased parity, does it help get teams getting better or do the rich get richer? Want to hear how you guys have used them.

Also Haywaters asked, we’re they supposed to have special tags? I have seen the tags for guys not drafted, but never at the beginning of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    What do you think we should do? I have not used them in normal league before.

I wanted us to have a good starting point for folks, but I don’t know what a good sustainable model is. I am in favor of increased parity, does it help get teams getting better or do the rich get richer? Want to hear how you guys have used them.

Also Haywaters asked, we’re they supposed to have special tags? I have seen the tags for guys not drafted, but never at the beginning of a season.
    I moved my thoughts to FA thread which I just saw. I can't remember if special tags were a thing flip created guys, will ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by doandiggy View Post
    Should we establish some formal league rules? Or is everything allowed by CSFBL allowed in our league?

For example, do we expect that owners will not cut a player that they won in a free agent bidding war, expecting to re-sign that same player without the original signing bonus? Or do we expect everyone to vigilantly watch the League Transactions and take advantage of someone trying to do that?
    if i see one owner use this tactic , i'm out of this league
    Psi Sigma WS 2084,2113,2118,2121,2127,2144,2148
    YOG WS 2054, 2088,2094,2107,2125,2126
    CSFBL Justice WS 2089,2109,2111,2118,2125,2131,2152
    BEER LEAGUE 2097,2105 2118,2119
    LOL 2125

Be it resolved:

Dropping a free agent and immediately resigning them is against the spirit of the league, and we will give anyone that does this a bunch of public grief, and reserve the right to add consequences if this becomes a problem.

All agreed?

Agreed.

Hear hear! Specifically a free agent that was signed for more than their base salary.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast