Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSFBL Enhancement Suite

Re: CSFBL Enhancement Suite

Quote Originally Posted by Cardboardtube View Post
    Opera's just another web browser that's been around a long time. Used to have a small but pretty diehard fan base, but I don't know if they still persist.

And yeah, Safari has its own store and approval process. Firefox too. I checked FF out and it's similar enough that I might be able to port it there. Haven't looked into getting into Apple's.

Personally I think the biggest snub here is probably Netscape.
    Love Opera, it's my web browser of choice, have been using for years.

Version 2.2 is out.

This one takes care of converting the letter grades that were introduced on the free agency and roster pages. It also includes updates to patch a couple of oversights in 2.1.

I'm hopeful to have version 2.3 out next week for Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari. Safari has been the hardest to get working as my mac is apparently too old to use the latest developer tools. Looking at workarounds for it as supposedly it shouldn't be too hard to port to Safari once those are working.

2.3 is a feature update. There are 5 in total ranging from minor to pretty convenient.

CBT, thank you so much for doing this! Converting potential ratings from letters to numbers alone makes this incredibly useful, but even the smaller options, such as hiding overall ratings and turning off the fatigue descriptions, just adds to it. Even better that I can toggle on or off each of the enhancements.

Much appreciated that you took the time to do this for the benefit of the users.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_T View Post
    Jk, thats cool, but im primarily safari
    After working on a Safari version for a while, I hit a brick wall when I discovered you actually have to pay $99/year to get a free web extension distributed in the App Store, the same as if you were developing a native app in iOS or on Mac. There are government and nonprofit waivers, but nothing I see that would really work here.

There was a one-time $5 fee to get into the Chrome Web Store, which seemed like a pretty reasonable amount just to screen out a flood of extensions needing review, but the App Store fee makes that one look extra trivial.

I actually ended up searching quite a bit because I had a hard time believing they'd have something like that for even basic non-commercial extensions, but it seems to be a common enough complaint. Coincidentally, one of the more referenced articles around when the fee was introduced was written by the developer of the Reddit Enhancement Suite, another extension I use and the one from which the CSFBL Enhancement Suite derives its name.

I've sadly given up on looking to port to Safari. The fee is just too high for the fraction of Safari users for an extension as niche as this one.
    Last edited by Cardboardtube; June 23, 2022 at 11:07 AM.

Version 2.3 is in the approval pipeline for Chrome/Edge/Opera, but it is already out for Firefox. Their approval process is almost immediate.

Not sure how much use the Firefox version might get, but it's there for anyone using it.

Some of us still use FF and appreciate it. : )

cbt, this is awesome. lazy dark mode, already a fan.

kudos man, great work.
    Last edited by makila; June 23, 2022 at 02:08 PM.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Trying it out as well. Thanks cardboardtube!

Thanks CBT!!! Another FF user here.
    Current
    MLB Remake-D. Tigers-1976-2059 and 2088- WS:2-2
    MLB Classic-Det Tigers-1993-2076 and 2125- WS:3-4
    Justice-W.M. Whitecaps 2093- WS:1-0
    League of Legends-T.C. Walking Dead 2077- WS:1-3
    League of Champions-M. Marlins 2066- WS:5-0
    Brockmire League-Det Wolverines 1981- WS:2-0
    Historical Replay-Det Tigers 1964-
    GOAT 5-Port City Avengers
    Past