Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: USB impact on early career plateaus

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    1,042

    USB impact on early career plateaus

    My understanding is that post-USB, a very small number of players will now develop beyond their potential. I’m wondering how that will work in reality?

    For a concrete example, this player was drafted at 22 with BA and SL ratings (74&83) that were already just one point away from his potentials (75&84): https://www.csfbl.com/player/5034541/history/. By 24, he had capped out both ratings.

    Post-USB, would some players with a similar profile continue developing after the age of 24, exceeding their original potential ratings?

    I’m referring to scouting=on throughout.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Classic League
    Posts
    51,494

    Re: USB impact on early career plateaus

    Player's can exceed their scouted potential, not their actual potential.

    Ex.
    A player has a potential of A-, but your scouts see him as B+.
    He develops all the way to that A-, he has exceeded his scouted potential.
    He is not able to develop past his actual potential of A-.
    DURHAM MATH/AFTERMATH - TCL
    86 88 93 94 96 97 00 02 04 11 12 13 53

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Classic League
    Posts
    16,258

    Re: USB impact on early career plateaus

    .edit
    Last edited by mattgcoot29; June 20, 2022 at 09:56 AM.

  4. #4

    Re: USB impact on early career plateaus

    Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    Player's can exceed their scouted potential, not their actual potential.

    Ex.
    A player has a potential of A-, but your scouts see him as B+.
    He develops all the way to that A-, he has exceeded his scouted potential.
    He is not able to develop past his actual potential of A-.
    So, if scouting is turned off, is the potential listed the actual potential? In the situation above, would we see a B+ or an A-? I was under the impression that scouting only affected the current ratings, but I definitely haven't kept up well enough with all the threads explaining further.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Classic League
    Posts
    51,494

    Re: USB impact on early career plateaus

    If scouting is off, you are seeing accurate info on both actuals and potentials. If scouting is on, players potentials are scouted when the show up on draft list and doesn’t change over time, consider it to be Rookie Scouting report.

    I am not sure how scouted potentials were created at the update, since it was one time weird situation where the potentials were being scouted for the first time after draft time.
    DURHAM MATH/AFTERMATH - TCL
    86 88 93 94 96 97 00 02 04 11 12 13 53

  6. #6

    Re: USB impact on early career plateaus

    Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    If scouting is off, you are seeing accurate info on both actuals and potentials. If scouting is on, players potentials are scouted when the show up on draft list and doesn’t change over time, consider it to be Rookie Scouting report.

    I am not sure how scouted potentials were created at the update, since it was one time weird situation where the potentials were being scouted for the first time after draft time.
    Cool, thanks for the explanation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    If scouting is off, you are seeing accurate info on both actuals and potentials. If scouting is on, players potentials are scouted when the show up on draft list and doesn’t change over time, consider it to be Rookie Scouting report.

    I am not sure how scouted potentials were created at the update, since it was one time weird situation where the potentials were being scouted for the first time after draft time.
    What does this mean are you saying turning scouting off gives us a clear view of actuals and potentials?

    I'm confused.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:23

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    11,327

    Re: USB impact on early career plateaus

    Quote Originally Posted by romans View Post
    What does this mean are you saying turning scouting off gives us a clear view of actuals and potentials?

    I'm confused.
    Yes. Scouting on means you need scouts because actuals and potentials are fuzzy. Scouting off means you're free to lay off your entire scouting department because actuals and potentials are 100% accurate.

    Another way to think about it is that Scouting on means reality is filtered through scouts. Scouting off means reality just is what you see.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •