Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salaries

Re: Salaries

I’ve noticed the same as troll for hitters, but I feel like starting pitching increased across both of my teams

So, from where are the better players coming to fill the lesser team's rosters? If anything needs a rework, it is FA. I don't know many leagues that have a FA system with any value. I find it to be a rare occasion when I can sign someone that will actually start. This is true even for bad teams. What good is it to have $15m to spend with no worthwhile players available? Of course, this is a generalization. Occasionally I am lucky enough to find someone decent. And, I do like what we do with having new FAs each year as well as the supplemental FA draft. I just don't see where having extra cap space will assist teams with a quicker rebuild.

Also, I believe it to be more likely to whiff on a draft pick. I admit to not being confident with the new draft ratings. Additionally,it is generally agreed that this system will result in greater uncertainty. This is one thing that concerns me with the loss of FOA. Usually, the teams higher in the draft order had more scouting, resulting in a lower chance of a bust, and a less lengthy rebuild.

One more thing. My guys are fatiguing at a rediculous rate. I can't keep them on the field. What's up with this?
    Dumb loses more than smart wins
    Bobby Knight

The free agency question is valid, and we'll have to work it out. Maybe this is why taz's league lowered the salary cap? It seems like the salary structure is more in line with what it was back in the $50 million cap days, so perhaps this is the route? Maybe we entertain the though of a hard cap for 4/1 at $60 first?

Personally, I'd like to see a few seasons of info -- or perhaps Spambox can chime in -- before getting carried away.
    Spread the CSFBL love. Follow @Celtic_CSFBL and @csfbl.

Quote Originally Posted by trollboss View Post
    So, from where are the better players coming to fill the lesser team's rosters? If anything needs a rework, it is FA. I don't know many leagues that have a FA system with any value. I find it to be a rare occasion when I can sign someone that will actually start. This is true even for bad teams. What good is it to have $15m to spend with no worthwhile players available? Of course, this is a generalization. Occasionally I am lucky enough to find someone decent. And, I do like what we do with having new FAs each year as well as the supplemental FA draft. I just don't see where having extra cap space will assist teams with a quicker rebuild.

Also, I believe it to be more likely to whiff on a draft pick. I admit to not being confident with the new draft ratings. Additionally,it is generally agreed that this system will result in greater uncertainty. This is one thing that concerns me with the loss of FOA. Usually, the teams higher in the draft order had more scouting, resulting in a lower chance of a bust, and a less lengthy rebuild.

One more thing. My guys are fatiguing at a rediculous rate. I can't keep them on the field. What's up with this?
    Scouting OFF is an option. It just gives you the data.
    Spread the CSFBL love. Follow @Celtic_CSFBL and @csfbl.

Maybe my points aren't that applicable in CF since our owners are vets. However, I can see a situation where a newer owner might get frustrated with a rebuild. I do agree that a few seasons of data would be good before any major changes are made. Regardless, I'm good with whatever the group decides.
    (Now, where are those new owners?)
    Bobby Knight

Holy smokes, I’ve given up like 13 unearned runs in these 2 playoff losses. Is this something I can blame on the recent changes? (I checked and there was no difference in my season long errors from the last 3 seasons…)

Sure, blame it on the changes. I would.
    Bobby Knight

Up to 7 errors in 5 games, but luckily haven’t cost me like in games 2 and 3…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12