Thread: CK's 2081 Team Rankings/Grades

CK's 2081 Team Rankings/Grades

RankOwnerOffenseDefensePitchingBrief Comments
    1Clayton KershawA+A-BMy lineup is filled with crazy power and speed, so, naturally, most people who don't value speed as much as I do probably won't view my team as being the best this season. My club also has a very strong defense, although a bit soso at 2B and CF. Really deep pitching staff headlined by Zippy Greenberg, but some teams do have slightly better pitching.
    2jpax73A-C+B+Jpax has a really good shot to repeat as champion this year. If you don't care for speed, this would be the league's top offense, with pretty crazy on-base ability. Jpax also managed to get a killer duo atop the rotation with Brown and Forcejuan, and the bullpen is solid enough. I think Judge Smails is a slightly weak 3rd starter and the defense is basically a bunch of ok guys without any elite defenders. But overall this is a very nice roster that I would bet will make the playoffs
    3perrycarterC+A-B+Perry has excellent defense up the middle. Offensively, there are a bunch of ok hitters but the team doesn't really have an offensive superstar. Yvette Fett, Faulkner Fleury, and Mario Thompson are an excellent top trio that should take this team to the playoffs, and make them a major threat once they get there.
    4ZubaZB+CB+I'm used to seeing ZubaZ teams have very little defense, and this one certainly doesn't disappoint, with a weak defense everywhere besides at shortstop. However, ZubaZ has a really nice, well-balanced offense offering a mix of on base and power, and he drafted a very impressive group of pitchers that will compete to be the best pitching in the league I think. The biggest risk I see, other than defense, is how heavily left-handed his pitching is.
    5BoiceyC-C+BThere are some solid hitters on Boicey's team for sure, but the first and last guys in the order are pretty weak, and they don't have any left handed bats to help their team vs righty pitching, which almost all other teams have. The team is soso defensively, outside of an absolutely insane defensive center fielder. I really like the top trio of pitchers on this club, but will it be enough to bring this team to the playoffs?
    6bobcat1018B-B-C+Great top 4 in the lineup. Bottom 4 not so much, though they all play defense. Anyway I have this team ranked 4th in offense and 4th in defense. The issue for me, with this team, is that I just don't really think any of the pitching after their awesome ace is that great. This club could certainly prove me wrong if Joseph Abraham does what he did last year.
    7modenC+C+C+This team looks better to me when I look at the roster than they do in my formula. The team takes a hit offensively for being insanely slow and also for having no lefties to help hit righty pitching. Defensively, excellent shortstop, meh everywhere else. The pitching features a pretty strong top duo (though I don't really get taking Neal Reed over Nino Brown), but it's all just alright other than their top two. Maybe the pure FI types like Paul Cole will be better than my model predicts, thanks to their excellent shortstop.
    8andujarDA+C+Well...the defense is amazing. The best in the league by a lot. Offensively, this team is the worst in the league, and they will need a lot from Parker, Gigantodactyl, and Houston to make up for a really bad overall lineup. Logan McCauley will be the worst hitter playing for any team, and I just don't know if you can get away with that in this league. The team is kind of like Moden's pitching-wise, with a really good top duo but a bit lacking otherwise. It's an interesting strategy to go with very little CO in the pitching staff as well.

My predictions for playoff teams are perry, jpax, ZubaZ, and I.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Re: CK's 2081 Team Rankings/Grades

just a few points

McCauley is a world champ, but I know what you mean, it tough watching forty or so 2-1 games when you have offensive holes like him. Finally decided to upgrade offensively at the position.

Someone tell CK that there are 9 batters in a lineup. He said he likes my top four but not my bottom 4.

Zippy's the headliner for Oxford? Im seeing 60 EN is that right? I thought he was always in the 40's
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    TDD- New York Knights
    ReMake AA - Harrisburg Sens

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    just a few points

McCauley is a world champ, but I know what you mean, it tough watching forty or so 2-1 games when you have offensive holes like him. Finally decided to upgrade offensively at the position.

Someone tell CK that there are 9 batters in a lineup. He said he likes my top four but not my bottom 4.

Zippy's the headliner for Oxford? Im seeing 60 EN is that right? I thought he was always in the 40's
    I don't think winning a World Series really says much about whether a guy is a good player. For one thing, there is a ton of randomness in this league as to who wins a given World Series, but even if it genuinely is the best team that wins, it doesn't mean every player on the team was great.

And yes lol I liked your top 4 and disliked your bottom 4 and did not have a strong preference on the other guy.

And yeah Zippy is my ace with 60 EN!

I think what bobcat is saying, is you can get away with mcccauley culkin in your lineup because he was able to make the playoffs and win with him as a lineup fixture. I dont think he’s a top end SS in this league but I didn’t draft him as one either.

Zippy is pretty good. He’s proven it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

The only thing I even mentioned Zippy for was that is was surprised to see 60EN. I thought he was 50 and falling. When I drafted him myv1st season talk about him was that a few owners looked at him a stud closer which he eventually turned into since he couldn't get past the 5th. And with my pen that season it really mad the most sense.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    TDD- New York Knights
    ReMake AA - Harrisburg Sens

This is the first time in the 20 season history of the league that all 8 owners are previous World Series winners. That fact, unfortunately, gives me nobody to root for, but I'll pull for Jar because his team placed last in CK's analysis.

Is Zippy really the pitcher's original name? If it is, it's fitting because he certainly throws hard!
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series