Thread: New scouting system.

New scouting system.

Not liking the new system. Can it be changed back to the old way or is this how it is?

Re: New scouting system.

From what I understand, there is no option to revert back to the old scouting/player view interface. The only options seem to be 1) the 'era' sim system (skewed towards pitching in 'dead ball era', traditional 'classic' system, or slightly more skewed towards hitter 'free agent era' system), 2) whether or not you see detailed potentials such as DI, CN, BA, SL, or just the lumped-together 'hitting/pitching', 'defense' and 'overall' potentials. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

There does seem to be some discontent on the forums for the new system, so we'll see if anything happens there to provide an option to go back, but from what i've seen, there doesn't seem to be too much of a willingness to do that at the moment from the powers that be

There was alot of changes for sure, when you click on a players card and it brings up 3 numbers I'm assuming that is there overall number and the the other 2 are potential/and I'm guessing 2nd number is how low their potential can go but not 100 percent sure, any ideas on this

I don't like the letter grades and I find I have to do to many "clicks" on the roster page to get the info I want. I have commented on Discord. If you are unhappy with some of the updates, I suggest you comment in the forum or discord. From what I have read, the developers are taking our feedback seriously.

Chuck, on the three numbers/letters thing, the big one on top is the overall (offense/pitching plus defense) rating while the one on the bottom left is overall hitting (for fielders)/ pitching (for pitchers) and the bottom right is defense. In a game where defense is only really a difference maker at a few positions, I'm not sure why it's up front like that but that's what those are

Quote Originally Posted by stinky_pete View Post
    Chuck, on the three numbers/letters thing, the big one on top is the overall (offense/pitching plus defense) rating while the one on the bottom left is overall hitting (for fielders)/ pitching (for pitchers) and the bottom right is defense. In a game where defense is only really a difference maker at a few positions, I'm not sure why it's up front like that but that's what those are
    Thanks pete