Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New league settings

Re: New league settings

Lottery or minimum wins, just not both. I'm coming around to the lottery format since it addresses tanking and adds a bit of excitement to the draft.
    World Series 34-19

Quote Originally Posted by yes man View Post
    if we implement the draft lotto, a minimum win rule is redundant.
    I'm for the draft even though I don't understand exactly how it works. I think the minimum win rules is still needed. The lottery doesn't address tanking. ( It does but in a backhanded way.) The minimum win rule addresses a manager taking a dive. MWR is not redundant. If you take a dive you get penalized. So it comes down to are we batter off having both. I think so. Taking a dive is still against the rules. Without the MWR the manager can think there is no reason not to take a dive.

if folks want draft lotto and minimum wins, we could do something like "a team below X wins is ineligible to receive a top 4 pick, if they receive a top 4 pick from the lottery they will be demoted to 5th (or 6th in the case of multiple offenders)."
    This is just a minimum win rule in a lighter version.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapu Lapu View Post
    I'm for the draft even though I don't understand exactly how it works. I think the minimum win rules is still needed. The lottery doesn't address tanking. ( It does but in a backhanded way.) The minimum win rule addresses a manager taking a dive. MWR is not redundant. If you take a dive you get penalized. So it comes down to are we batter off having both. I think so. Taking a dive is still against the rules. Without the MWR the manager can think there is no reason not to take a dive.
    The lottery absolutely addresses tanking. The six teams with the worst records are randomly assigned draft slots. If a team tanks to try to get the No 1 pick, it might end up getting the 6th pick.
    World Series 34-19

Quote Originally Posted by davidv23 View Post
    If a team tanks to try to get the No 1 pick, it might end up getting the 6th pick
    "Might" the team still has a shot at #1. A much better shot than with the MWR.

Personally I think that if we implement the draft lotto, a minimum win rule is redundant. For simplicity's sake, I think the best choice would be to just get rid of it. But if folks want draft lotto and minimum wins, we could do something like "a team below X wins is ineligible to receive a top 4 pick, if they receive a top 4 pick from the lottery they will be demoted to 5th (or 6th in the case of multiple offenders)."
    Minimum win rule after the lottery is not redundant. The draft results with MWR are mostly very light. Usually four or less games. Without MWR it's just like before. Lose as many games as possible to get a good draft position.

I think you are right. There are several problems with the league now. I'm going to send an email to Zubaz.

I've come around to lottery only. Having both is messing up the league order.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapu Lapu View Post
    I've come around to lottery only. Having both is messing up the league order.
    Ended up with 8th pick. Trash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12