Thread: The Umpire Strikes Back Discussion

The Umpire Strikes Back Discussion

https://help.csfbl.com/wiki/77/june-2022-the-umpire-strikes-back

Starting a topic. I have been here since 2006, but been pretty checked out since around 2016 or so. Interested in what the ones active think is best for this league

Re: The Umpire Strikes Back Discussion

Thanks for getting us started. Some exciting news.....interested to see the impacts. From the wiki that went out here are the big decisions we need to make:

Sim Model: My vote here is to keep it on the "Classic" model since our league name is in the model name
    Scouting: Scouting off here means that we see every single player as fully accurate. I strongly believe scouting needs to be turned on still.
    Potentials: Do we want to see potentials broken down by Hitting/Pitching/Fielding or just an overall Potential? I like the idea of splitting them out so I'd vote potentials broken out by area.
    Draft Order: On the heels of our other thread....this one we had a lot of discussion on so will defer to the rest of the league. Me personally - I like a draft lottery that is built into the game and doesn't require manual intervention. I would vote Lottery On.
    Salary Cap: With FOA going away - I think we need to re-visit the salary cap to drive more FA activity. Not sure how the new salaries will impact our cap so I say for the time being - no change in the cap. However....as salaries normalize under the new model I would propose us dropping the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by baukev55 View Post
    https://help.csfbl.com/wiki/77/june-2022-the-umpire-strikes-back

Starting a topic. I have been here since 2006, but been pretty checked out since around 2016 or so. Interested in what the ones active think is best for this league
    I guess time will tell. My initial reaction is that the player pools will need to be increased and the caps decreased in most leagues. I don't think I fully comprehend the impacts of the changes in scouting yet, and I'll probably need to play with it to figure it out.

I agree with these points

Quote Originally Posted by benster3 View Post
    Thanks for getting us started. Some exciting news.....interested to see the impacts. From the wiki that went out here are the big decisions we need to make:

Sim Model: My vote here is to keep it on the "Classic" model since our league name is in the model name
    Scouting: Scouting off here means that we see every single player as fully accurate. I strongly believe scouting needs to be turned on still.
    Potentials: Do we want to see potentials broken down by Hitting/Pitching/Fielding or just an overall Potential? I like the idea of splitting them out so I'd vote potentials broken out by area.
    Draft Order: On the heels of our other thread....this one we had a lot of discussion on so will defer to the rest of the league. Me personally - I like a draft lottery that is built into the game and doesn't require manual intervention. I would vote Lottery On.
    Salary Cap: With FOA going away - I think we need to re-visit the salary cap to drive more FA activity. Not sure how the new salaries will impact our cap so I say for the time being - no change in the cap. However....as salaries normalize under the new model I would propose us dropping the cap.

Agrees with the above, but especially on the salary cap dropping and being a hard cap!

Quote Originally Posted by spartacusz View Post
    Agrees with the above, but especially on the salary cap dropping and being a hard cap!
    yes I think we can definitely find consensus there. What Benster proposes looks good to me right now, I think we should be flexible going forward to see how it all plays out.

What do we think about changing someeague settings? I would propose the below but open to thoughts:

- Lower salary cap (not sure it would have any impact but Free Agency is almost completely dead)
    - Keep actual ratings as precise
    - Change potential ratings to non-precise numbers (multiples of 5 or 10). I am open to keeping letters but I'm still just not used to it.
    - Draft lottery on in the game

Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by benster3 View Post
    What do we think about changing someeague settings? I would propose the below but open to thoughts:

- Lower salary cap (not sure it would have any impact but Free Agency is almost completely dead)
    - Keep actual ratings as precise
    - Change potential ratings to non-precise numbers (multiples of 5 or 10). I am open to keeping letters but I'm still just not used to it.
    - Draft lottery on in the game

agreed here