Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Discussions of Update Topics

Re: Discussions of Update Topics

After trying it, reading a lot of comments all around the game and forums, I know now why I don't like the update: we can't control anything anymore!

We don't really know what we're drafting. Players seem to develop very slowly. We don't get a good look to our own team. We can't really manage our financials to a plan. What can we do? Guess on players?!...

The new game is boring cause we don't get a hold on it.

There were many other ways to get it better and less predictable. For example, injuries to players!

I still hope we'll get back in some way to the old front office game, with different scoutings and development based on our decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jellyinsd View Post
    Not sure if it changes anything, but I think that would be closer to 18 years?
    Don't be a ****. 2004 is the earliest year that shows for players. I've been playing since 1999. The focus should be on the content of the message.

Quote Originally Posted by jellyinsd View Post
    Not sure if it changes anything, but I think that would be closer to 18 years?
    whoops……obviously I meant 18 years. Brain fart. (I really can add…..really).

Actually, according to what BigTweed said, it might well have been 22 years. I really wasn’t sure what year I started so I looked it up and it said 2004….but maybe it was even before that. All I know for sure is it’s been a long time.
    Last edited by dknute; July 8, 2022 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTweed View Post
    Don't be a ****. 2004 is the earliest year that shows for players. I've been playing since 1999. The focus should be on the content of the message.
    First of all, I would never not be a ****, so watch your mouth. Secondly, I’ve been playing since the 80s, so I don’t think when you started is relevant to the math of the guy I was replying to, Streisand. Look it up.
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., '83, '84, '87, '89, '94, '99, ret. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret. RDML '65, '66, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

Quote Originally Posted by dknute View Post
    whoops……obviously I meant 18 years. Brain fart. (I really can add…..really).
    This is a perfect reply. Insert heart emoji that doesn’t exist on lightweight (which I am still thankful for despite all of my complaints).
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., '83, '84, '87, '89, '94, '99, ret. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret. RDML '65, '66, ret.

Quote Originally Posted by dknute View Post
    Actually, according to what BigTweed said, it might well have been 22 years. I really wasn’t sure what year I started so I looked it up and it said 2004….but maybe it was even before that. All I know for sure is it’s been a long time.
    Going by your user records, your first sim was on Halloween of 2003, so 18 years so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardboardtube View Post
    Going by your user records, your first sim was on Halloween of 2003, so 18 years so far.
    I think I dressed up as a large tweed that year.

...There sure is a lack of red ink in the upper lines of draftees of every draft in the leagues I am in... "Hey kid, you wanna play baseball?..."What's baseball?"... Don't worry about it kid, you're a natural.. Just sign here.... "Sure thing, mister...." Gosh, I'm gonna be a baseball player... Hey mister, what's baseball again? Mister..mister? Hey, where'd he go?...
    Last edited by joebaseball; August 14, 2022 at 10:49 AM.

"Want to try no scouting?"
    Are you a serious CSFBL competitor?
    Join the Dynasty Waiting List

*Patiently waiting for No Scouting to return to CSFBL since June 12, 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Park View Post
    After trying it, reading a lot of comments all around the game and forums, I know now why I don't like the update: we can't control anything anymore!

We don't really know what we're drafting. Players seem to develop very slowly. We don't get a good look to our own team. We can't really manage our financials to a plan. What can we do? Guess on players?!...

The new game is boring cause we don't get a hold on it.

There were many other ways to get it better and less predictable. For example, injuries to players!

I still hope we'll get back in some way to the old front office game, with different scoutings and development based on our decisions.
    I'm still struggling with this as well.

The new eras change the value of ratings. It takes some regression analysis, in a no-scouting (actual numbers) environment, to pin that down. But, who knows with that, because you have normalization. So then, those numbers really only work for that league, for that particular season.

But, that's the higher end math that the Admins probably wanted to eliminate anyways.

On a more mundane level, scouting-on leagues are really a crapshoot. The drafts, who knows. Players can be pretty far off (I won't give you a number). There is really no way for anyone to know. It really forces you to look at stats. But, this is not (currently) a stats driven game with easy access to vast amounts of data.

Also, you have the day to day management of players, for which they've given us sliders and changed the scale. There are those that think they understand the scale, and when/how players start to lose skill due to fatigue... but in reality, its pretty much anyone's guess. For a numbers driven analytical player... that is maddening to me.

In short, the game has become an art rather than a science. I think they went too far, in too many areas, changing everything to be more "realistic" instead of numbers based. There are those, like me that enjoyed drafting a player and knowing, fairly accurately, what I was getting. I could even predict how many runs a team could score. I still can, in a very limited (no-scout/fog) environment, where i have enough data/stats.

My sincere interest in this game is very limited at this time. Redraft (TOC-style league) is the one place where the game-based amateur draft is meaningless, and future player evaluation is irrelevant. Plus, there is no scouting to fog up the lenses. It's competitive, and fun... and plays in the classic era. It's the one thing that has changed very little from USB. You just have to fiddle with your pulls to figure out how the manager's stuff really works.

I have several other teams, which I've kept in hopes of finding the time and desire to try and figure out a different era or scouting-on. It's just not happening for me right now. This game is vastly different than it was at the beginning of the year. I really think they meant well. But, their goal to monetize the product has taken it to a place of realism over ratings. And realism isn't why I enjoyed this game. They went from a game of chess, to a game of battleship. I don't knock them for it, because battleship is going to appeal to a much bigger audience.
    Franchise Four
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast