Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussions of Update Topics

Discussions of Update Topics

If you are looking to catch up, some involved discussion of various topics in this release over in Discord in the past day.

• Scouting
    • Overall Ratings
    • Front Office and Development
    • General Reasoning for Scouting Changes
    • Draft Lottery
    • Letter/Number scale
    • Salary Update

Link to the Full Release Notes: https://help.csfbl.com/wiki/77/june-...e-strikes-back

Link to the Discord discussion, with index of topic threads at the top: Umpire Strikes Back topics
    Last edited by citizenclone; May 27, 2022 at 01:43 PM.

Re: Discussions of Update Topics

I just tried to create a Discord account, but they want my phone number. Is there enough discussion over there that it's worth giving my phone number to a 3rd party?

Quote Originally Posted by doandiggy View Post
    I just tried to create a Discord account, but they want my phone number.
    Wish that wasn't the case, we're on here too if discussion breaks out. I do see a bunch of leagues have their discussions together already on the forums.

Okay...so talk about Draft....as I understand you get the option to stay same or go to Lottery for draft position...the worst 6 records are selected by Sims? In a Sim lottery? Than the remains 18 with odds shown of being selected higher than normal normal being final record reverse order?
    Then the draft will be just as now?
    All league can choose now one of three era before they start ?

All leagues starting after Jun8 get all the other updates no choice?

Here is a link to the newly adopted MLB draft lottery, odds taken from there for the 16 non-playoff teams. The first six picks will be chosen by the lottery out of those sixteen teams, and then the default draft order will be used for the rest of the draft. We thought this an appropriate default lottery system, and we'll work on getting more ability to customize number of teams, number of picks, and probabilities in the future. (If your league has particularly complicated lottery rules...we wish you well!!!! but we probably won't be able to replicate)

Worst record: 16.5%
    Second-worst record: 16.5%
    Third-worst record: 16.5%
    Fourth: 13.25%
    Fifth: 10%
    Sixth: 7.5%
    Seventh: 5.5%
    Eighth: 3.9%
    Ninth: 2.7%
    10th: 1.8%
    11th: 1.4%
    12th: 1.1%
    13th: 0.90%
    14th: 0.76%
    15th: 0.62%
    16th: 0.48%

CSFBL Classic is grandfathered in for existing leagues, new leagues can choose Free Agent Era and Dead Ball Era

The full update is going through June 8th, there are lots of settings for leagues to choose from I am about to post a summary of those. If leagues want to choose some settings to use right at the update, I'll work with them on it, otherwise some of the decisions will have to wait until the preseason.

For both the Lottery and Standard Draft Order, ordering is a little changed from the past - old system ordered by worst record across all teams, and playoff teams could pick before non-playoff. Now it's worst record of Non-Playoff Teams, then DCS losers, LCS losers, WS loser, Champ.

Let me know if that didn't answer your questions
    Last edited by citizenclone; May 28, 2022 at 06:28 PM.

Will the UI (e.g., displayed ratings) change for everyone on June 8, regardless of whether they are midseason? What about dev/drills allocations? How will the first season flip after June 8 work?

For those of us remaining in CSFBL Classic era (for now), should we expect player performance to remain roughly the same when everything kicks in? Or should we expect small changes in performance? If there are changes, will they happen immediately on June 8, even for teams in the middle of a season?

Quote Originally Posted by doandiggy View Post
    Will the UI (e.g., displayed ratings) change for everyone on June 8, regardless of whether they are midseason? What about dev/drills allocations? How will the first season flip after June 8 work?

For those of us remaining in CSFBL Classic era (for now), should we expect player performance to remain roughly the same when everything kicks in? Or should we expect small changes in performance? If there are changes, will they happen immediately on June 8, even for teams in the middle of a season?
    UI will change. (We know a ton of people are going to be taking screenshots)
    Devs/Drills for this season…I will look into that one.

Changes are happening immediately, we have default settings that leagues will get to set to immediately, but if leagues what a different setup they can talk to me and we can set it up, otherwise leagues can make changes at the preseason.

Staying in same model should pretty much play the same way on the field, although I do believe there is a small change to how pitchers tire. I’ll get you a better answer, you stumped me.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    Here is a link to the newly adopted MLB draft lottery, odds taken from there for the 16 non-playoff teams. The first six picks will be chosen by the lottery out of those sixteen teams, and then the default draft order will be used for the rest of the draft. We thought this an appropriate default lottery system, and we'll work on getting more ability to customize number of teams, number of picks, and probabilities in the future. (If your league has particularly complicated lottery rules...we wish you well!!!! but we probably won't be able to replicate)

Worst record: 16.5%
    Second-worst record: 16.5%
    Third-worst record: 16.5%
    Fourth: 13.25%
    Fifth: 10%
    Sixth: 7.5%
    Seventh: 5.5%
    Eighth: 3.9%
    Ninth: 2.7%
    10th: 1.8%
    11th: 1.4%
    12th: 1.1%
    13th: 0.90%
    14th: 0.76%
    15th: 0.62%
    16th: 0.48%

CSFBL Classic is grandfathered in for existing leagues, new leagues can choose Free Agent Era and Dead Ball Era

The full update is going through June 8th, there are lots of settings for leagues to choose from I am about to post a summary of those. If leagues want to choose some settings to use right at the update, I'll work with them on it, otherwise some of the decisions will have to wait until the preseason.

For both the Lottery and Standard Draft Order, ordering is a little changed from the past - old system ordered by worst record across all teams, and playoff teams could pick before non-playoff. Now it's worst record of Non-Playoff Teams, then DCS losers, LCS losers, WS loser, Champ.

Let me know if that didn't answer your questions

Further clarification...the new lottery style ..it only changes the way draft positions are determined not the way the draft proceeds after after first pick correct?

Also...as for the players rating ..will the number system go away Jun 8 the for all Leagues even those in mid season?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast