Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 138 of 138

Thread: The Umpire Strikes TCL (formerly Mother of All Short Squeezes for CSFBL)

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    54,814

    Re: The Umpire Strikes TCL (formerly Mother of All Short Squeezes for CSFBL)

    I’m trying to be like Lemke and Balmers.

    But sometimes struggling. there are scoutable actions that show whether a batter can hit same handed pitching or if a pitcher is tougher on same handed batters. Like actually watching a player try it in practice. Or seeing a pitchers release point. With the change to the game, all we know is L, R or S and game results. Seems less Real.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Posts
    6,502

    Re: The Umpire Strikes TCL (formerly Mother of All Short Squeezes for CSFBL)

    Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    I’m trying to be like Lemke and Balmers.

    But sometimes struggling. there are scoutable actions that show whether a batter can hit same handed pitching or if a pitcher is tougher on same handed batters. Like actually watching a player try it in practice. Or seeing a pitchers release point. With the change to the game, all we know is L, R or S and game results. Seems less Real.
    SEAFAT is the other that doesn't make sense to me. On one of my teams I've had a guy at 80/82, RESTED for 3 consecutive sims now. Clearly that's SEAFAT, we get that can kind of figure it out. But if I'm a new guy.... that's pretty damn confusing why he won't go back to 82/82. I'm also still struggling figuring out when a P will get back to xx/xx EN.



  3. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,450

    Re: The Umpire Strikes TCL (formerly Mother of All Short Squeezes for CSFBL)

    Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post

    But sometimes struggling. there are scoutable actions that show whether a batter can hit same handed pitching or if a pitcher is tougher on same handed batters. Like actually watching a player try it in practice. Or seeing a pitchers release point.
    Thats true, maybe there should still be benefits to having a player on roster that other teams do not get, a 'number of stars' rating (thinking *** vs * or something) for 'vs opposite handedness' that only an owner can see. (i would say grade but there is already too many letters on a players card) .



    Just word vomiting visual appeal of the player card at this point:

    doing ratings like below (with better graphics) in a table on the left side of the player card maybe would offset the letters/numbers in rows on right side for specific attributes?

    Scouting Rating
    Overall Potential ******
    Offense****
    Defense******
    vs L*****
    vs R*
    Fighting Physicists - The Classic League
    "All science is either physics or stamp collecting." -Ernest Rutherford


  4. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,837

    Re: The Umpire Strikes TCL (formerly Mother of All Short Squeezes for CSFBL)

    Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    It still exists, but it isn’t visible any more.


    Taking things away, like the L/R rating, seems to be a recipe for backlash.

    I’m trying not to be bothered by it, but it seems like a silly thing to do
    Isn't that how major updates are supposed to be designed though? People will whine anyway, so you make some really terrible changes that you can happily roll back to appease the critics who will then feel much better.

    I'm just looking forward to minor league stats, so we can properly evaluate prospects the new way. I'll be surprised and disappointed if we don't get that.

  5. #135

    Re: The Umpire Strikes TCL (formerly Mother of All Short Squeezes for CSFBL)

    Quote Originally Posted by balmers View Post
    SEAFAT is the other that doesn't make sense to me. On one of my teams I've had a guy at 80/82, RESTED for 3 consecutive sims now. Clearly that's SEAFAT, we get that can kind of figure it out. But if I'm a new guy.... that's pretty damn confusing why he won't go back to 82/82. I'm also still struggling figuring out when a P will get back to xx/xx EN.
    this is why player bench should come into play, everybody is so conditioned to avoid bench players or even stock their roster with a good bench

    imagine a bench that can play without fearing a huge dropoff and allowing your star players to incur less seafat

    with the player salaries being affected as they have with this new code, we now have the opportunity to actually have a roster with players that have value for every role you'd like / need during a season


    we have an opportunity here fellas, step out of the box as it were and away from the years long conditioning we built up due to the old code parameters and look at the options the new code can give

    thoughts?

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,606

    Re: The Umpire Strikes TCL (formerly Mother of All Short Squeezes for CSFBL)

    Quote Originally Posted by dl3mk3 View Post
    Thats true, maybe there should still be benefits to having a player on roster that other teams do not get, a 'number of stars' rating (thinking *** vs * or something) for 'vs opposite handedness' that only an owner can see. (i would say grade but there is already too many letters on a players card) .



    Just word vomiting visual appeal of the player card at this point:

    doing ratings like below (with better graphics) in a table on the left side of the player card maybe would offset the letters/numbers in rows on right side for specific attributes?

    Scouting Rating
    Overall Potential ******
    Offense****
    Defense******
    vs L*****
    vs R*
    I actually like this. Theres not enough visual help on these pages right now. My eyes are confused
    【=◈︿◈=】Aquí llegó tu tiburón (◕,,,◕)

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace


     

    2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 8,035-6,518 (.552) ~ 8 WS
    2018: 6,226-5,522 (.530) ~ 7 WS
    2019: 3 WS
    2020: 4 WS
    2021: 3 WS


    TCLVista Cruisers(2101-)2109, 2125, 2129, 2142, 2143
    HMNitty Gritty(1982-) 
    NPHoppers(1989-)1989
    8sAngels(2104-) 
    ShDnPadres(2094-) 
    AAABees(2135-) 
    DLPallet Town(2027-) 
    GOAT-1997, 1998
    ALTRTA-2098, 2099, 2100, 2101
    LEG-2045, 2046, 2047, 2051, 2054
    CarL-2022, 2027, 2031, 2032
    Dodgers-1953, 1955, 1966
    WBC-1925, 1928, 1930, 1937, 1949, 1955, 1965, 1966
    TML-1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1983, 1984
    Sweet-1886, 1888, 1891, 1892, 1897, 1898, 1900
    ThrowB-2018, 2053, 2054, 2056
    TDD-2106, 2107
    EP-2003,2013
    AA-2100
    HR-1968
    CBF-2132
    TP-1983
    BD-2038
    Blitz-1998
    AAA-2101

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    its.... okay
    Posts
    37,312

    Re: The Umpire Strikes TCL (formerly Mother of All Short Squeezes for CSFBL)

    I like that idea too, something like that. I'm still struggling with trying to look at the new data.

    I do highly recommend you guys checkout what CBT put together as a browser extension: https://forums.csfbl.com/showthread.php/308248

    Have found it helps with the draft page a lot specifically. I so want the pots back under. Really really dislike the left to right looking.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    54,814
    Quote Originally Posted by makila View Post
    I so want the pots back under. Really really dislike the left to right looking.
    +1

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •