Thread: Be your own beat writer

Be your own beat writer

Write up your teams season preview?

How does 2041 look?
    "...turns out you don't grip a baseball. Baseball grips you".

Re: Be your own beat writer

The Seattle Admirals are in the middle of transition. Led by the two anchors of Henry Lymann and Dutch Lucas, the plan seems to be; get back to the World Series before they retire!

Two agressive offseason's, landing talented free agents, has bolstered the line-ups while the draft has landed some quality pitching prospects, including Lymann's son Joseph.

The future looks pretty good, how soon will it come?
    "...turns out you don't grip a baseball. Baseball grips you".

I would say this is the best team in Savannah since formation and I feel the window is OPEN.
    When I arrived we were desperate for pitching and then by the time I had built a decent level of them the batting had declined. Having fast tracked through a few prospects and acquiring an immediate bat in last years draft as well as just picking up a slugging catcher, I feel I have brought the position players level up to a standard that is in balance with the current pitching.

As we topped the division last year in the first season of being able to go for it since I took over, and with the team improved now on what I began with at the start of last season I feel we should be challenging strongly from the start.

The team is super YOUNG. Eight of the nine in the lineup are 25 or under and the one older player (29) already has a replacement coming through in a few seasons. With the lineup sorted for 10+ years, I can focus again on getting the future of the teams pitching in order when the current crop are finished.

Colorado Springs hopes to return to the playoffs after missing last season. We have a great offense led by last season’s MVP 2B Theodore Briley. Our pitching is a big question mark though, so we’ll have to put slug teams to win.

The Browns are still good, but age has caught up to the big three in the rotation & management is reportedly considering a rebuild. While it could be a playoff caliber roster, it might not be championship caliber.

Rumor has it that some of the younger All-Stars could be on the trading block, including LF Daniel Harrison, but nothing has come along yet to get the GM to pull the trigger. If/when Harrison is dealt, expect a full-scale tear down.

Fond du Loc has had a nice run making the playoffs 5 out of last 6 seasons but there are no rings. We are hoping the defensive improvement at SS will be the move that gets us over the hump.
    Coventry 2 Tones (Blue Chip) 2021
    Waco Firestarters (Big League) 2001, 2015, 2017, 2029
    Colorado Rockies (MLB ReMake) 2131
    Port-au-Prince Tonton Macoute (Caribbean) 2048
    New York City Rude Boys (LoL) 2118
    Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (TCB) 2017, 2018, 2025
    Haymarket Square Bombers (TDD) 2113
    Washington Senators (Brockmire) 2007

Frisco failed to look in the mirror and see the downfall that was coming. Middle of the road picks and not selling vets when they had value is going to make for a tough rebuild in Texas.