Thread: Astros seek finesse pitching and/or great hitter

Astros seek finesse pitching and/or great hitter

Now that we have a half-way decent defense, Amherst is looking for good finesse pitchers that will benefit from it. We also are seeking good to great hitters since the team in general can't hit worth beans. We have plenty of pre-season cap space and can easily make more if needed, so it is possible to use draft picks in trade, though I would also consider trading one or more players who can help other teams out. My first rounder is decent this season, but to trade that one will require a big boost to the team... I can possibly also trade next season picks (assuming this league allows that). Let's talk.

Re: Astros seek finesse pitching and/or great hitter

No one has a superior bat for picks? Amherst has pick 12 this season and can offer additional picks as needed depending on the quality of player offered. We have a $2.5 million cap opening at the moment, and can make more space as needed. The hitter must have good BA and SL numbers. Any position... just be better than the guy I already have to be considered.

Alternately, is anyone willing to swap down from a higher first round pick for other compensation?

Re: Astros seek finesse pitching and/or great hitter

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    No one has a superior bat for picks? Amherst has pick 12 this season and can offer additional picks as needed depending on the quality of player offered. We have a $2.5 million cap opening at the moment, and can make more space as needed. The hitter must have good BA and SL numbers. Any position.
    I can offer my first this season and my first next season for a good hitter... again, position is not especially important.