Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benmc vs Slick - Round 1

Benmc vs Slick - Round 1

I look forward to our first meeting of the season. Feel free to post any comments on here.

I'd say good luck, but you got this far, so I doubt you need any luck. Cheers.

Slick
    Franchise Four
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)

Re: Benmc vs Slick - Round 1

Yep well done you edged it. I wish we could start the season again though without a bug that allowed you to play the same pitcher twice in a three game series, and ideally with it not all starting at 6am where I am, but the timing of the start was awkward for everyone.
    It's just not normal to be playing the same pitcher in game 3 as in game 1 in reality or in this game usually, so it has all started with a level of irritation to it which is a shame.
    Of course if I had edged out one of the two losses then I wouldn't have minded so much which I understand, and not looking for excuses which is the point - I would have had no qualms losing game 3 versus your third best pitcher rather than your first and don't want there to be reason for excuses. I don't really blame you for taking advantage of the bug, but the upshot is an unrealistic and questionable outcome.
    I will try and let it go but if I miss out on playoffs by one game (really it's worth two actually as is +1 for you and -1 for me) I will find it hard not to look back at the bug to start the season as a potential reason. I mean I already feel the whole thing is somewhat invalidated.
    Update: I am strongly considering withdrawing from the tournament.
    If I miss out on playoffs by 1-2 games to you then I will have this an an excuse and that the bug is potentially the reason and I don't want that excuse.
    There is expected to be a fine line between us all and if it WERE 2 games difference, then this one game would potentially have us level and may even require the tiebreaker of record between us that this game will also be effecting.
    I currently don't feel able to play it all out and will be deciding in the next 24 hours whether to stay or not. As I say if you had used your no.3 pitcher as you would have without the bug then I would have no issue.
    Leaving may be viewed as an overreaction but it's the principle of it and about whether I can see past it or not, and at this moment I absolutely can't.
    Last edited by benmc; January 16, 2022 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benmc View Post
    Yep well done you edged it. I wish we could start the season again though without a bug that allowed you to play the same pitcher twice in a three game series, and ideally with it not all starting at 6am where I am, but the timing of the start was awkward for everyone.
    It's just not normal to be playing the same pitcher in game 3 as in game 1 in reality or in this game usually, so it has all started with a level of irritation to it which is a shame.
    Of course if I had edged out one of the two losses then I wouldn't have minded so much which I understand, and not looking for excuses which is the point - I would have had no qualms losing game 3 versus your third best pitcher rather than your first and don't want there to be reason for excuses. I don't really blame you for taking advantage of the bug, but the upshot is an unrealistic and questionable outcome.
    I will try and let it go but if I miss out on playoffs by one game (really it's worth two actually as is +1 for you and -1 for me) I will find it hard not to look back at the bug to start the season as a potential reason. I mean I already feel the whole thing is somewhat invalidated.
    If I miss out on playoffs by 1-2 games to you then I will have this an an excuse and that the bug is potentially the reason and I don't want that excuse.
    There is expected to be a fine line between us all and if it WERE 2 games difference, then this one game would potentially have us level and may even require the tiebreaker of record between us that this game will also be effecting.
    I currently don't feel able to play it all out and will be deciding in the next 24 hours whether to stay or not. As I say if you had used your no.3 pitcher as you would have without the bug then I would have no issue.
    Leaving may be viewed as an overreaction but it's the principle of it and about whether I can see past it or not, and at this moment I absolutely can't.
    interesting.......
    Psi Sigma WS 2084,2113,2118,2121,2127,2144,2148
    YOG WS 2054, 2088,2094,2107,2125,2126
    CSFBL Justice WS 2089,2109,2111,2118,2125,2131,2152
    BEER LEAGUE 2097,2105
    BIG LEAGUE 2023
    2ML 2016
    MLB THROWBACK 2058
    LOL 2125

Unfortunate that that glitch popped up, Would like everything to go perfectly but things happen, and we’ll try our best to resolve but that probably will not make everybody happy.

Slick agreed to not pitch the guy against him in the last four h2h games with him of the season. This had an impact on one game, and that is a solid way to rebalance things.
    DURHAM MATH/AFTERMATH - TCL
    86 88 93 94 96 97 00 02 04 11 12 13 53

I appreciate your overall concern about this benmc, but there may be some key points you missed. I hope you understand them, and understand how I will be utilizing Wynn at other points during the season. I don't really want my reputation unnecessarily trashed on these forums, nor the ToC overshadowed by this.

1) Wynn has 100 EN + 92 CO (98 FI and 43 PO). This type of pitcher will pitch EXTREMELY efficiently in any setting.
    2) Wynn pitched 51 pitches in game one. My formula suggest he would have been at about 95% after 1 full day of rest (going into game 3), without the glitch. I had every intention of starting him game 3 anyways.
    3) I noted the (known) opening day glitch on the Issues/Bugs forum, immediately following game 1 HERE.
    4) I could have pitched him game 2. I didn't. I didn't take advantage of this bug.

Basically, it comes down to Wynn being 100% vs 95% in game 3. I don't even see how this would cause so much drama.

He is, for all intents and purposes, my SP1 & SP3. You will see me pitch him on short rest throughout the season. I drafted with this in mind (2 pitchers, followed by 7 hitters before selecting another pitcher).

I hope that explains things for you benmc, and anyone else reading this.

Perhaps address this via PM with me or Clone next time, before airing your dirty laundry. Let's focus on the games now. ToC has been an amazing success for the community as a whole, and that's where we should be focused.

Slick
    Franchise Four
    Founder [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)

That’s more argument than I am interested in digging into, Slick.

A glitch happened and it is no fun.
    Ben unhappy about it, which is understandable.
    We try to make it right best we can.

I think it is reasonable solution and I hope you guys can work it out.
    Last edited by citizenclone; January 16, 2022 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benmc View Post
    Hey man, I can appreciate the level of competition of this situation and with the level of competition being high, emotions can be high too.. AND there is money and pride on the line, I get all of that. But you still have an opportunity to bring down the temperature of this and I would highly encourage that, because if you do something drastic like leave or declare the entire 2000 election to be invalid because you were wronged, it not only ruins it for you, but it hurts everyone. Its the first week of the season and its not much different than feeling like the refs made a **** call that cost you a game, but there is no room for quitting. This is when champs champ up and champion on and dominate suckas that wronged you. And that is what you need to do too. Because making the assumption automatically that you would have won that game anyways is an assumption you can't make. So you have to just admit it sucks and play like you have something to prove. You against the world... whatever gets you hype. But you got to the finals and dammit you belong here. #BenMakesChampions

Benmc coming for vengeance.
    Are you a serious CSFBL competitor?
    Join Dynasty

It's truly amazing how few pitches Matthew Wynn threw in the season opener! For instance even, if he struck out all 5 strikeout victims on 3 pitches and walked the only batter who reached via BB on 4 pitches, that still leads only 32 pitches for the 24 other batters he faced. Considering 5 of those pitches would have been balls, we're talking 27 strikes total for the 24 batters who put the ball in play, leaving only 3 called strikes, swinging strikes, and foul balls!

FWIW, Wynn only dropped to 45% after throwing 73 pitches in the most recent sim, so it seems quite reasonable to believe he would be above 90% on 1 day rest after throwing only 51 pitches even without the extra day of rest bug.
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series

Quote Originally Posted by smartbenny24 View Post
    It's truly amazing how few pitches Matthew Wynn threw in the season opener! For instance even, if he struck out all 5 strikeout victims on 3 pitches and walked the only batter who reached via BB on 4 pitches, that still leads only 32 pitches for the 24 other batters he faced. Considering 5 of those pitches would have been balls, we're talking 27 strikes total for the 24 batters who put the ball in play, leaving only 3 called strikes, swinging strikes, and foul balls!

FWIW, Wynn only dropped to 45% after throwing 73 pitches in the most recent sim, so it seems quite reasonable to believe he would be above 90% on 1 day rest after throwing only 51 pitches even without the extra day of rest bug.
    This is correct and thus -- it impacted things very minimally.

The only thing it impacted was his amount of time under 50% fatigue. If I had to guess, probably less than a 5% performance drop for that duration.
    Are you a serious CSFBL competitor?
    Join Dynasty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast