Thread: Newbie question

Newbie question

I was looking at the player wages and comparing them with last season and was wondering how significant is a wage increase/decrease in terms of player quality?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2050-2062 :. Rangers (ID7903) Earth Baseball .: 53
    2017-2042 :. Mustangs (ID7850) Earth Baseball .: 30, 33, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42

Re: Newbie question

In general, if the player is maxed and a veteran, any salary increase will either be because a) he performed well aka his stats from last year, or b) maybe as an older player, he wants more money.

A is definitely most common, I don't even know if B is possible but there is for sure a hidden "Greed" rating each player has. I know a lot of old players come down in salary when their ratings and performance go down, however some much more than others. Some old players are so overpriced they aren't worth it. You can stick them in FA for a while and if nobody signs them they will ask for less money.

If I got your question totally wrong and you are asking how significant is wage difference when evaluating talent -- in my opinion salary is a huge and fairly reliable predictor of performance. Dynasty is a great example of a league where you have no idea what their ratings are aside from 0 scout numbers and salary. Generally the higher salary players are more dominant, but you definitely find that some 3-4.5M players will outperform 5-6M players in any given season. It's crazy but it's true. It definitely ties to the Greed rating.

I hope somewhere in this post you found something helpful.
    Are you a serious CSFBL competitor?
    Join Dynasty

Re: Newbie question

Thanks KingRat
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2050-2062 :. Rangers (ID7903) Earth Baseball .: 53
    2017-2042 :. Mustangs (ID7850) Earth Baseball .: 30, 33, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42