Thread: 2132 Season

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

2132 Season

The Knights are finally starting to round out their roster after several seasons of drafting and development.

This isnt perfect build by any means but we've got some nice players and now some depth.

Donald Mullins is the teams best hitter and had a down season last with a .305 / .442, he also dropped off from 27 HRs to 15, he should be back in the 20's this season. Mullins will move to the 2 hole with the team hoping to take advantage of Steven Hayes' getting on base (.382)

Bryon James is expected to be a better hitter than his rookie season, w/ splits of 65/90/90/76 the team thinks he can be a mid .800's OPS guy taking advantage of the two guys ahead getting on base.

Will Huff is a young power guy who came over as a FA last season and hit 22 HRs in 242 ABs, he's probably most suited to hit lefties but at least to start the season he'll be hitting cleanup.

5-7 will be a crapshoot, Jackson is a solid defender at 3B that will get you 25-30 HRs, Mutter hasnt developed into the offensive player the team hoped, still shy of .800 OPS, & Reuben Schafer has been a guy that fills the LF role due to his super RA, he'll hit in the .260 with no pop.

But the 8 hole will be filled by the 4th overall pick from 2 seasons ago, Aaron Cournoyer is a 94 RA SS with good glove and AR, he should be a golden glover for the next few seasons and will continue to develop both in the field and at the plate, He shifts the team's long time SS Savaughn Garcia to the bench, but Garcia will see a lot of playing time all around the diamond, even at 36 hit bat is too valuable to be on the bench too much.

in the 9 hole will be his DP partner Dickie Green, between the two not many balls will get through, on the ground at least.

Ernie Zietz is clearly the ace of the team, he's entering his 3rd season already at 24 YO.

Wyatt and Engel have become formidable starters behind Zietz but the rest of the staff is still a patch work group. We missed out on the playoffs last season while winning 89 games so the team expects to stay on the upward trend.

There still is a bit more pitching coming from the minors along with a powerful catching prospect. now to hit on the late round draft picks the next couple seasons to challenge to go deep into the playoffs.
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    TDD- New York Knights
    ReMake AA - Harrisburg Sens

Re: 2132 Season

RBNA has a lot of nice pieces still, but we're ready to hit the reset button. Anyone can go.

Lafayette is getting older. Our best pitcher is 37, and we have only five pitchers in the majors under age 30. We also have only six players in our affiliates who we expect to play in later seasons... three fielders and three pitchers. We will see how well we can do this season with only one real change... and that one will have only a small impact.

We need more of everything... players and draft picks both.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Lafayette is getting older. Our best pitcher is 37, and we have only five pitchers in the majors under age 30. We also have only six players in our affiliates who we expect to play in later seasons... three fielders and three pitchers. We will see how well we can do this season with only one real change... and that one will have only a small impact.

We need more of everything... players and draft picks both.
    Im responding to Dave's post but this is for anyone that has an option for what I'm looking for. I'll deal #18 for a player that can play corner OF. I'd like someone that hits 30+ HRs hits for some average or OB, but I like them to play defense also. The player can be another position but playing out of position I'd still like them in the mid 70's as an OF.

I looked at all the teams in the bottom of the standings and didnt see the perfect fit but maybe I missed someone. Dont want mid 30's guys, 32 probably max depending on the player
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    TDD- New York Knights

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    Im responding to Dave's post but this is for anyone that has an option for what I'm looking for. I'll deal #18 for a player that can play corner OF. I'd like someone that hits 30+ HRs hits for some average or OB, but I like them to play defense also. The player can be another position but playing out of position I'd still like them in the mid 70's as an OF.

I looked at all the teams in the bottom of the standings and didnt see the perfect fit but maybe I missed someone. Dont want mid 30's guys, 32 probably max depending on the player

Joseph Rivera

Jacob Anderson
    James Raffel

Quote Originally Posted by stampy19 View Post
    Nice FA pickups, for different reasons about both I think I pass
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    TDD- New York Knights

Quote Originally Posted by balmers View Post
    Nice player, i just have to figure if #18 is the right compensation. No question he's worth it for the next couple season. If that is what youre thinking i'll get back before i head to bed. The pick is due noon tomorrow.
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    TDD- New York Knights

Nice player, i just have to figure if #18 is the right compensation. No question he's worth it for the next couple season. If that is what youre thinking i'll get back before i head to bed. The pick is due noon tomorrow.
    I actually think he's worth more than pick 18, but the trade market is putrid. So I'll take what I can get.