Thread: It's been a while - live draft?

It's been a while - live draft?

hey everyone,
    the league has really fallen off.
    what i really enjoyed about the league early on was a live draft - we all gathered together for the draft.
    any interest in revamping that idea?

Re: It's been a while - live draft?

I am interested in seeing how the new draft works out. After that we would need to see if we can get more people in the league. Glad to see you asking the question.

I was never able to contribute to the live drafts, as I'm based in the UK and the time zones made it crazy.

The reason they stopped was because Jeff stepped back from running the league, and I was the only one who stepped forward to take it over - as I wasn't able to run them live we reverted to the standard forum approach. So whilst I'd have to go back to submitting pre-populated lists for the live draft, I did think it was a nice and unique concept for PCL so would be happy for others to start it up.

Regarding spartacusz's point, I actually think the live draft could be started before recruiting as it could be a recruitment tool. The first couple of live drafts might be a bit empty if they were started on the current ownership only, but you could run them on Discord where all CSFBL owners could see them - that might attract more people to join if they see a genuine live draft taking place and want to get involved? Personally, I think that would be more successful as a strategy than trying to recruit owners cold, on the promise that if we get enough takers we'll run a live draft in the future...
    MLB ReMake: Seattle Mariners (2121)
    Pacific Coast League: Spokane Indians (1961, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1977, 1978, 1982)

Previous teams:

Red Hot Prospects: Palapye Power (1982)
    Blue Chip Baseball: Serowe Rhinos (1990, 1991, 1998)
    Knights of CSFBL: Tatooine Womp Rats (2082, 2084)
    CSFBL Justice: Palapye Miners (2110)
    Negro League Tribute: Kansas City Monarchs (2005, 2020, 2021, 2031)
    World League: Seibu Lions (2101, 2114, 2115, 2116, 2118)
    Caribbean League: Havana Jonron (2045)
    Beta: BIUST Buffaloes (2096)
    Cooperstown's Finest: Guildford Mavericks (2011)
    Earth Baseball: Palapye Swallows
    MLB Remake - Baltimore Orioles
    Psi Phi: Bedford Blues
    MLB ReMake - AA: Corpus Christi Hooks
    Sons of Ivy 3: Palapye Impala
    League of Legends: Ashtead Aardvarks
    MLB ReMake - AAA: Durham Bulls (2097)
    GOAT 2, 3 & 4: Palapye Power
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Las Flores Turanza

it'd be great to have you participate Pedro.
    we could find a time, possibly. if there is interest, i'd be willing to try it.

would we have to pause the sims? how would it work now that the draft happens one pick at a time?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sorry for crashing the party boys but ive been skimming the site checking in on leagues i know and maybe dont. years ago I gave PCL a shot because of the live draft but I wasnt around long. Ive been in communication with the site mods about doing a zoom with other players/commishes, about leagues they think are interesting and what made them that way. Its good to see PCL is still around but I see its stalled quite a bit.

to chime in on the live draft discussion, if you have the user base enough to hold a live draft you will have a group that should be responsible for setting their picks. I dont think the assignment tool works any more I had problems using it when the change over happened. I'm sure there will be hiccups but the good thing is when they happen you can reassign the player from one roster to another just after the pick is made. the only things that will be lost is the players true draft info.

If anyone is interested in the recorded zoom that I'm putting together let me know, there are 5-6 of us so far and i'd like to cover as many league types and their unique flare as possible.

Bob

P.S. Pedro great to see you its been a while
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    TDD- New York Knights
    ReMake AA - Harrisburg Sens

thanks for the info. i'm not sure how it'd work now. we probably have to pause the sims or a while. i'll send you a pm Bob, but National league is another interesting one.