Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Music thread

Re: Music thread

I grew up listening to a bunch of country throughout the 90s--bluegrass too. I liked a lot of it, but I don't know if I have it in me to hear Watermelon Crawl even one more time.

Whenever I tune into country these days, it sounds more like rock music with a dash of fiddle. A good chunk of the songs I hear are also missing a story, which I thought was something of a requirement in country.

It's possible though I've just had bad luck the few times a year I try it out. One of the radio stations in my car though is still set to the bluegrass station.

My #1 genre was death metal out of 118 genres. As expected.

my genres were: metalcore, alt metal, hard rock, groove metal, prog metal (i am still not entirely sure how this was #5.... as really the only one I can think of that I would consider prog i listen to with any regularity is Devin Townsend).

i also think genre labeling is mucky and often wrong. and spotify doesn't know genres very well imho.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by makila View Post
    and spotify doesn't know genres very well imho.
    100%. They will split hairs to create genres as it suits their marketing gurus or whatever. Am I jealous people get paid by them to create genres? Oh yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgcoot29 View Post
    So who was everyones' #1 artist on Spotify?

For me it was Sojourner good sounding atmospheric metal band
    Maybe embarrassing to some, but ... Weezer was incredible live all four times I've seen them. Pinkerton looks like my most played album in 2021, but Bulls on Parade by RATM tops the song category. My high schooler did just have a report on bands their parents listened to in HS, so Nirvana, Mudhoney and Smashing Pumpkins are all scattered in the top 10. Not sure how to find more detailed info outside of the 2021 playlist.
    Last edited by randyb33; December 3, 2021 at 11:15 PM.
    World Series Record: 4 - 7
    Dodgers Baseball(defunct): Sherman Oaks Spartans: 1964 (L)
    Big League: Seattle Sasquatches: 1995 (W), 1996 (L), 2019 (L)
    Xtra Bases: Seattle Chinook: 2094 (W), 2096 (L), 2099 (L)
    Dynasty: Detroit Tigers: AL Champs 1983, 1984
    Lawn Chair: Mill Creek Mules: 2033 (W), 2034 (W)

I'm not a huge Weezer fan, but Pinkerton is a very good album. I am however a big Smashing Pumpkins fan, as is Luke, so definitely love to see them in people's top 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by randyb33 View Post
    Maybe embarrassing to some, but ... Weezer was incredible live all four times I've seen them. Pinkerton looks like my most played album in 2021, but Bulls on Parade by RATM tops the song category. My high schooler did just have a report on bands their parents listened to in HS, so Nirvana, Mudhoney and Smashing Pumpkins are all scattered in the top 10. Not sure how to find more detailed info outside of the 2021 playlist.
    i love bulls on parade. i love all ratm. really love bulls on parade though haha.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

i love bulls on parade. i love all ratm. really love bulls on parade though haha.
    The Morello Wah Pedals would be a quality name.

Quote Originally Posted by G Sparks View Post
    I'm not a huge Weezer fan, but Pinkerton is a very good album. I am however a big Smashing Pumpkins fan, as is Luke, so definitely love to see them in people's top 10s.
    From an artistic standpoint, Smashing Pumpkins was the best band from the 90's generation. Siamese Dream was one of three tapes I kept in my backpack at all times in HS, with Nevermind and Core.

I played in some garage bands for a while after high school .. still can't do Morello's sick pick slide. That entire album is legit though. Somehow, Renegades has become my favorite RATM album.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast