Thread: AOR Die Hards 2078 Playoffs

AOR Die Hards 2078 Playoffs

...The 2078 season has come to a close, and the AOR Die Hards 2078 Playoffs will be underway shortly, and this is how the teams involved match up:

...In Division 1, the 92-68 Winnipeg Goldeyes will host the 87-73 Barrowland Dominators. Division 2 features the 98-62 Flagstaff Giants with the
    88-72 Seattle Grinders.
    ...Division 3 has the 88-72 Arizona Dust Devils facing off against the 83-77 Northlands Polar Bears, while in Division 4, the 98-62 Murrieta Mayhem play the 86-74 Frankfurt Eagles.

...More to follow...

joebaseball

Re: AOR Die Hards 2078 Playoffs

Congrats Flagstaff. I knew it would be difficult as I had to ride my only decent pitchers hard to make the playoffs. Seattle may be headed for a rebuild.
    Fighting Physicists - The Classic League
    "All science is either physics or stamp collecting." -Ernest Rutherford

...Ok, the first round results are in....
    ...In Conference 1 its the 87-73 Barrowland Dominators facing off against the 98-62 Flagstaff Giants. The Giants held a slight 5-4 edge during the regular season against the Doms, should be an interesting series.
    ...In Conference 2, its the 83-77 Northland Polar Bears versus the surprising 86-74 Frankfurt Eagles. The Eagles pulled off one of the biggest upsets in league history against last years World Champion 98-62 Murrieta Mayhem,who have dominated the Series for the last 4 seasons, winning 2 of them. The Polar Bears went 6-3 against the Eagles this season.
    ...Looks like its anyone's title this season, with the Giants having a slight edge in playoff experience the last two World Series...
    ... "Yeah," said joebaseball, owner/manager of the Flagstaff Giants. "One can count losing the last two Die Hards' World Series as an experience, that's certain. I don't see any favorite this season, its a wide open field. We'll just have to take it one pitch, one game at a time and see how it plays out... Good luck to all teams in the playoffs this time around..."
    ...And its the first time in a long time I can recall an unowned team making it this far into the playoffs. Good job by the Commishes in making the league more balanced...

Quote Originally Posted by dl3mk3 View Post
    Congrats Flagstaff. I knew it would be difficult as I had to ride my only decent pitchers hard to make the playoffs. Seattle may be headed for a rebuild.
    ...Thanks, man. Ironically one of the major turning points in our season was signing former Seattle pitcher Gerard Hart, who went 2-1 with 29 saves and only 3 blown saves and a 2.21 era. He "saved" the season for the Giants when our own stopper floundered...
    ..With a lot of my own veterans turning grey, the Giants' time to rebuild is not far way, either.

...With the Northland Polar Bears sweeping the Frankfurt Eagles 4-0, they take the Conference 2 Title and will meet the Conference 1 winners, the Flagstaff Giants. The two teams met for a 3 game series during the regular season, with the Polar Bears coming away with a 2 games to 1 series win.
    ...For the Giants, its their 3rd World Series appearance in a row, having lost the previous two to the Murrieta Mayhem.
    ...The Polar Bears are making their first World Series appearance since the 2045 season.
    ...The Polar Bears are 1-3 in World Series appearances...
    ...The Giants are 3-4 in World Series appearances...
    ...Good luck to both teams and.. Playball!!!

joebaseball

...The Flagstaff Giants defeated the Northland Polar Bears by a score of 9-3 in game 6 to take the AOR Die Hards 2078 World Series 4 games to 2. SP David Griffin pitched 5 innings of 2 hit ball, allowing only 1 run, and RP Edward Loefellr finished the final 2.2 innings for the save.
    ...It was a comeback victory in the Series, as Northland had a 2-1 game edge after 3 games played, but the Giants rallied to win the last 3 games for the Series victory.
    ..."We got caught with our starting pitchers in a bad sequence, " said joebaseball, owner/manager of the Flagstaff Giants. "We had to start our 3rd and 4th starters to open the Series, and then start Griff on short rest in game 6. We just hoped that he'd get us 5 good innings, and that the bullpen would finish up, oddly, that's exactly the way the game went."
    ...The Giants batted .278 with 28 HR's and 84 RBI during their playoff run, and the pitching staff came through with a 11-4 overall record, 8 saves and a 3.34 ERA.
    ..."Having lost to the Murrieta Mayhem the last two World Series in a row, its great to get the win."