Thread: I would love an explanation

I would love an explanation

On the free agent Bruce Johnson ...I had a bid of 14 million on him ..and I figured out all my bids and would of been left with about 6 million under ...how did the demons get him for 11 million ? In my math 14 million is higher than 11 million ...I would love an explanation on this please

Re: I would love an explanation

the free agents dont always go to the highest bidder!!

Quote Originally Posted by nelomana View Post
    the free agents dont always go to the highest bidder!!
    Hi thanks for the response ..but I don’t get it ..demons are a better team better record ...I had the higher bid ....can u explain further so I can get a better understanding ...thanks

I'm copying from the help page on free agents at: https://www.csfbl.com/help/wiki/52/free-agents

I've never tracked my lost bids to see if I lost to someone who bid less, but it sounds like you got hit on the first factor, possibly factors 2 and 3 as well. While it sucks that you lost out, I like these rules for free agent decisions, which fit what I'd be looking for if I were a free agent.

Free agents will not make a decision solely based on salary if he has multiple contract offers. Some of the factors which influence a player's decision to sign with your team include:

1. The winning percentage of your team (players prefer winners).
    2. Whether or not the player is better than the best player at the same position on your team. If he is better, he is more likely to start, so he is also more likely to sign. If he is worse, he is less likely to sign, and may look to play elsewhere.
    3. The overall payroll of your team. A higher payroll makes a player less likely to sign, as there is a greater chance of him being cut in the future for salary cap reasons.
    4. Whether you have ever cut the player from your team in the past. Players do not like to go back to teams that previously cut them.

The Free agent bidding processes is horrible. It is a complete and total disaster, and while I love the idea of Free Agency, using the game logic to determine results is too problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by ganafu View Post
    I'm copying from the help page on free agents at: https://www.csfbl.com/help/wiki/52/free-agents

I've never tracked my lost bids to see if I lost to someone who bid less, but it sounds like you got hit on the first factor, possibly factors 2 and 3 as well. While it sucks that you lost out, I like these rules for free agent decisions, which fit what I'd be looking for if I were a free agent.

Free agents will not make a decision solely based on salary if he has multiple contract offers. Some of the factors which influence a player's decision to sign with your team include:

1. The winning percentage of your team (players prefer winners).
    2. Whether or not the player is better than the best player at the same position on your team. If he is better, he is more likely to start, so he is also more likely to sign. If he is worse, he is less likely to sign, and may look to play elsewhere.
    3. The overall payroll of your team. A higher payroll makes a player less likely to sign, as there is a greater chance of him being cut in the future for salary cap reasons.
    4. Whether you have ever cut the player from your team in the past. Players do not like to go back to teams that previously cut them.
    While trying to add a human element to the game I thank you for posting this to make it more clearer ...rules 2 and 3 are on my side though and the first one isn’t ..but I’ll accept it ..thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Keith West View Post
    On the free agent Bruce Johnson ...I had a bid of 14 million on him ..and I figured out all my bids and would of been left with about 6 million under ...how did the demons get him for 11 million ? In my math 14 million is higher than 11 million ...I would love an explanation on this please
    Better off doing a bidding system (admin controlled) like they do in GOAT. I’ve been a big anti PSFA advocate since day 1 for this league. Still don’t like the idea here.
    Geo (25)

(XB) Champaign Chippawassapacans - 2060, 2062, 2063, 2078, 2087, 2090, 2091, 2092, 2093, 2104
    (LoL) The World Powers - 2086, 2088, 2115, 2121, 2122
    (CarL) ****burn Town Scurvy - 2037
    (CBF) Loves Park Hillbillies - 2142
    (MLB Throw) New Orleans Secret Nine - 2049, 2050, 2051, 2052, 2063
    (TDD) Hollywood Legends -
    (TT) Lincoln Railsplitters - 2026, 2029
    (GOAT III) Tomato Town Looters - 2005
    (GOAT IV) Rockford Felons -