Thread: Hard to believe!

Hard to believe!

Hagerstown once again won the World Series! The 6th time in the last 10 seasons (7 trips in 11 years)!

I can't believe it myself, as my team is aging and far away of being a powerhouse. I mean, my RF is Michael Engelman, a 28 yo FA pickup who didn't play in the league for almost 4 seasons... The guy incredibly sported a .876 OPS for us!

The core of this group have to be the best one (at least the winningest!) I ever had in CSFBL: Thomason, Bowman, Beals, Gray, Floyd (!), Apalla, Reynolds, Fornunato, Freda.

I can't be prouder!

Re: Hard to believe!

Congrats Jerry on the win!

I'll be honest, I've never been closer to rage quitting CSFBL then after getting swept by you in the first round this year haha. I have not been able to beat you for years now despite having some really strong teams. I think it just goes to show that good pitching usually beats good offense... this was one of my best offensive teams ever but we just couldn't match you in pitching and that was the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCar927 View Post

I'll be honest, I've never been closer to rage quitting CSFBL then after getting swept by you in the first round this year haha. I have not been able to beat you for years now despite having some really strong teams. I think it just goes to show that good pitching usually beats good offense... this was one of my best offensive teams ever but we just couldn't match you in pitching and that was the difference.
    Name of the game is pitching! ... And some defense and offense as well. I always try to build good balanced team.

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCar927 View Post

I'll be honest, I've never been closer to rage quitting CSFBL
    I totally get this sentiment, lol. Here are the results of the last 6 seasons for Albany, while averaging 98 wins per year:

2033: win division by 9 games, lose in first round
    2034: win division by 3 games, lose in first round
    2035: win division by 19 games, lose in first round
    2036: win division by 16 games, win WS (yay!)
    2037: win division by 25 games, lose in first round
    2038: win division by 13 games, lose in first round
    The five years prior to these were 3 straight LCS losses (2 to Hagerstown), and 2 more first round defeats.

Having said that, I'd be remiss not to congratulate Jerry Park on a 6-for-10 championship run. That is remarkable no matter what.
    Last edited by orangecat13748; August 27, 2021 at 10:02 PM.

Clearly, gambling is at play.....time to make a few examples.....I'm willing to help you take some of that talent off your plate!