Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 college football

2021 college football

it's getting good!

mak, welcome to the dark side.

everyone hear the chants now?
    s-e-c!

Re: 2021 college football

Don’t like change. Would rather go back to ties and SWAC and Reggie Bush being in trouble.
    DURHAM MATH/AFTERMATH - TCL
    86 88 93 94 96 97 00 02 04 11 12 13 53

I read the talk of one 36 team super conference. Which is probably how it will turn out.

Small group of the “haves” and the rest will be forgotten.

Already have the presumed starting QB for Alabama making $1m a year.

No way non SEC teams can keep up

i'm sure i've said it here before...

i think the final landing spot is 4 conf of 16 teams. for current power 5 teams. those who don't make the cut go down to g5.
    two divisions of 8 in each conf.

every division winner gets auto playoff spot. 8 teams. 4 at large bids left if they move to 12 team playoff as being discussed
    con, makes conf championship irrelevant. and thus money lost. of course if you expand playoff as being discussed something is going to have to give in the timeline of the season

if they stay in 4 team playoff. then it still works. and essentially the conf championship is the 1st round of playoffs. four conf winners play in the playoff. sorry g5.

--------------------

the big news of course being ou and the bevos

i think it's real. there have been some rumors around here for a little bit. the reports saying they've been talking for 6 months are legit imo. there is gonna be lawsuits in both texas and oklahoma imo, since they are both the flagship universities for their respective states the state funding threat is a big thing from the alums of osu and aTm in respective state legislatures.

i don't know if i like it. OU is a logo helmet, a blue blood. they don't need a conference. this is all about money. OU wants to become an AAU school and has been investing heavily in some specific research areas to grow it. i guess ultimately i'm fine either way. as much as i mock sexat, cause they suck and are the biggest disappointments in cfb regularly, both ou and sexat have a mutual benefit staying together. such rich tradition and history. having the one other logo helmet in this region paired with you is a good thing imo.

i feel like regionally ou fits more middle of country than south eastern part. we aren't a gulf coast state. i don't like most sec school fanbases either. lsu being some that i particularly loathe the most in cfb. and aTm. both are some of the trashiest fans in all of cfb. i have an extremely low opinion of dan mullen at florida. he is a ****ing piece of ****.

bama fans were actually awesome when they came to norman.

i LOVE watching aTm squirm and throw a tantrum like the little brother school they are. i love that the sec has been talking about this and didn't tell aTm. hahahahhaha. aTm left the big 12 to get away from sexat. that's the biggest reason. they are such a ***** *** whiny fanbase. they are flipping out right now.

the ones who really ****ed up? the pac-12. they could have had OU in 2012. they had to take osu and ou as a package and they balked. the oklahoma state legislature wasn't going to let ou leave conference without osu being paired with them at the time. now they are gonna be screwed if this arms race accelerates. big 10 is gonna be forced to make a big move. pac and acc will be scrambling to pick up whatever is left over.
    Last edited by makila; July 24, 2021 at 12:18 AM.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Well, if we lose to A&M early, then we can only lose one more game before we have to really buckle down or be in danger of missing playoff.

ACC West - UCLA, Baylor, Boise St, Nebraska

Things are definitely going to move around. From a big 10 perspective, there are a few options. They erroll have to do something to keep up. I read something interesting today. Ill try to find the link

Although this isn't the right thread. Can we appreciate the Milwaukee bucks. Best song never
    https://youtu.be/221m_BYnf50

2021 college football mumbling

Nebrascan't

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast