Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tokyo Olympics

Re: Tokyo Olympics

How about that discus throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by jkoller View Post
    anything interesting going on in gymnastics?
    Must be tough to freak out and not be able to do the thing you are best at. It's a weird sport when the most experienced veterans are still under 25.

Quote Originally Posted by jellyinsd View Post
    I don’t think I’m rooting for the USWNT anymore. Someone change my mind, but they seem too whiny for me about pay/equality. Reading the latest judgement against them was interesting.
    USWNT loses 1-0 to Canada in the semifinals. I’m such a bad person and American, but **** ‘em. The only thing to like about this team is that pill-poppin’ Abby Wombat doesn’t play for them anymore.
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., '83, '84, '87, '89, '94 ret. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret. RDML '65, '66, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

Quote Originally Posted by jellyinsd View Post
    USWNT loses 1-0 to Canada in the semifinals. I’m such a bad person and American, but **** ‘em. The only thing to like about this team is that pill-poppin’ Abby Wombat doesn’t play for them anymore.
    Maybe a bad patriot, but a good American. There's a reason Canada is above the US on the map of the Americas.

I’ll be honest here. I haven’t watched much women’s soccer, so I’m not a great source. I don’t avoid it because I’m sexist or vagist or against lesbians, I just have a limited amount of sports time and I wasn’t hooked. It’s like watching a Netflix show and giving up on it after 3 episodes.

I’m neither upset or excited.

But I am against sports that have judges solely responsible for winners. That’s ridiculous. I’m only into sports that you have to be fastest or have more numbers than the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    I’ll be honest here. I haven’t watched much women’s soccer, so I’m not a great source. I don’t avoid it because I’m sexist or vagist or against lesbians, I just have a limited amount of sports time and I wasn’t hooked. It’s like watching a Netflix show and giving up on it after 3 episodes.

I’m neither upset or excited.

But I am against sports that have judges solely responsible for winners. That’s ridiculous. I’m only into sports that you have to be fastest or have more numbers than the opponent.
    Limited amount of sports time during the Olympics is why we still have wars and other bad things.

I agree that judged sports are a bit iffy, but I like the drama in some of them. Mistakes are exaggerated because the athletes are being directly judged for them, so they really feel the shame of screwing up. It's inspirational when they overcome this and perform despite the pressure. Less inspirational when they instead take their ball and go home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123