Thread: Assessing This Season's Draft Class

Assessing This Season's Draft Class

I've been in this League since it's inception back in 2004. That means I've been drafting players in this league for 17 real time years and I think I could safely say this season's draft class is the worst I've ever seen by a very large margin. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe my expectations are just too high. What does everybody else think?

Re: Assessing This Season's Draft Class

Pretty light up top for sure, but i've actually seen worse depth-wise. A weak draft to be sure, though

I concur with both of you. Last season, the depth was miserable but the top end pitching was really good. This season, the depth is okay, but other than a clear #1 choice, the high end prospects aren’t there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is a very bad year to have finally moved up a bit in the draft order.

Quote Originally Posted by jonryker View Post
    I think it is a very bad year to have finally moved up a bit in the draft order.
    you ain’t just whistling Dixie!

It is a weak draft. Last season it wasn't great either, I was able to move up to the 17th pick which I felt was near the end of decent talent. I remember reading on the forums once they were going to make the draft deeper with talent. Guess they missed this league.