Thread: Slick vs Gregor II

Slick vs Gregor II

As a firm believer in the forum curse, I am generally very quiet during the playoffs. Now that it's over, I'll just say "Holy Crap! What a ride!"

Omaha came back from down 0-3 in the ALDS, and won 4 straight. They came back form 1-3 vs Buffalo in the ALCS and won 3 straight, and then lost leads of 2-1 and 3-2, before finally winning the championship in a stressful game 7 vs Norfolk. All in all, this team went 12-9 in the playoffs, putting themselves in some awful positions, before always grinding out 1 more win than their opponent.

I'm proud of these guys. The pitching regressed significantly from last year, but the offense was slightly improved. Omaha probably deserved to win last year, but Gregor's Norfolk team pulled it out. This year, on paper, Norfolk seemed to have some advantages. But, Omaha pitching always seemed to show up when it mattered most. Congrats to Norfolk for a spectacular season.

The problem with Omaha, is that the team's window is pretty short. Built as one of the greatest offenses this league has ever seen, its pitching staff was mostly middle-aged veteran aces from non-competing teams. They all are 3-5yrs older than the offensive core, and have already started to decline. Offensively, Omaha has probably 5 or 6 HOFers, but they won't see many rings, if the pitching continues its decline. Pitching wins championships. Only time will tell what changes Omaha will see in 2133.

Good luck to all next season!
    Founder & Former Commissioner [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)
    Chicago White Sox [MLB ReMake] (1970-1987) WS: 3-3 (1971, 1972, 1973)
    Los Angeles Dodgers [MLB ReMake] (1988-1989)
    St. Louis Cardinals [MLB ReMake] (1990-1991)
    Rochester Red Wings [AAA ReMake] (1997-2010) WS: 1-0 (2003)
    Hartford Yard Goats [AA ReMake] (2119-Present) WS: 2-2 (2122-23)
    Omaha Storm Chasers [AAA ReMake] (2123-Present) WS: 1-1 (2132)

Re: Slick vs Gregor II

Storm Chasers apparently have nine lives....which was juuuust enough to get through eight "win or go home" games. Congrats to both teams.

Congrats! I was hoping maybe that Luu would pitch another gem just like earlier in the series, but alas, his was not his best season after all. After all that low scoring in the earlier stages it was mostly slugging from both teams for the Series. Team dropped under the cap after flip, so maybe I'll do some moves now. But like Omaha, the team's window in this formation is short (but there are some players who will be part of the next great Norfolk team maybe).
    New Britain Rock Cats - Remake AA
    Norfolk Tides - Remake AAA (World Series 2130)
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (World Series 2078)

Atlanta MLB Remake (WS 2073)
    Omaha AAA Remake
    Laredo Simusports
    Texas MLB Classic
    El Paso Baseball Legends (WS 2037?)
    Pella IFL (WS 2043)
    Alaska Psi Phi
    Thunder Bay MLB World (WS 2055 + 76)
    Seattle ALTRA

Yeah flip dropped me $6mil. It's amazing how a team drops with 0 drills.
    Founder & Former Commissioner [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)
    Chicago White Sox [MLB ReMake] (1970-1987) WS: 3-3 (1971, 1972, 1973)
    Los Angeles Dodgers [MLB ReMake] (1988-1989)
    St. Louis Cardinals [MLB ReMake] (1990-1991)
    Rochester Red Wings [AAA ReMake] (1997-2010) WS: 1-0 (2003)
    Hartford Yard Goats [AA ReMake] (2119-Present) WS: 2-2 (2122-23)
    Omaha Storm Chasers [AAA ReMake] (2123-Present) WS: 1-1 (2132)

Congrats Omaha

Sorry late to the party...but at least I made it. Can't be said for my Iowa Cubs team who I am trying to redo the pitching staff on, the hitting is good enough but man the pitching is abysmal.
    Chicago Cubs (MLB Str8 8's)
    Chicago Orphans (National League)
    Cleveland Indians (MLB Str8 8 Sweetness)
    COVID 19'S (CSFBL Justice)
    Denver Elevation (Lawn Chair League)
    Iowa Cubs (MLB Remake AAA)
    Los Angeles Angels (MLB Classic)
    Toronto Blue Jays (Two Major Leagues)