Thread: Omicron League Status

Omicron League Status

Owners, Ravennod here. I have acquired the Mississauga Rattlers team (formerly the Death Valley Vultures) and been added as a Commissioner in Omicron in an attempt to try and restore the League's Historic status in CSFBL.

At this point, my only goal is to replenish the league's unowned teams with active and engaged owners. That's where you can help! If each of you will reach out to a co-CSFBL Owner or someone you have a good relationship with and extend an invite, we can get back to being an elite league. I'm counting on you to reach out and get some Owners.

Also, at this time we will not be making any changes to the League's current status, just trying to get a foothold and go from there!

Respectfully, Ravennod.
    "It is what it is"

1997 World Series Champs - Montreal Expos (National League)
    1996, 1999, 2018 World Series Champs - Vancouver Stars (Reel Classics)
    2002 World Series Champs - Alberta Clippers (Long Ball)
    2004 World Series Champs - San Jose Scrappers (Gamma)
    2023 World Series Champs - New Orleans Pelicans (Omicron)
    2015 & 2016 World Series Champs - Ottawa Travelers (Gamma)
    2017 World Series Champs - Winnepeg Bombers (Letterheads)
    1982 World Series Champs - Winnepeg White Caps (Psi Psi Pi)

Re: Omicron League Status

Bumping this Thread! Would love some Feedback from some of you Owners regarding ways to keep Omicron stable and growing.

Looking for a Co-Commish and some new Ownership!

Respectfully, Ravennod.
    "It is what it is"

Nod, thanks for taking this task on. Omicron long had a reputation as CSFBL's best "laid back private league", with dedicated owners who weren't super active on the forums but managed their teams well and stuck around in the league a long time. Most of those guys have left and now the league is left trying to distinguish it in a game where there are too many leagues and not enough active owners.

I wish I could offer an idea, but based on being around the game a while it seems that once league ownership drops, it is hard to bring it back. I also am not as committed to game as I was 10-12 years ago when I joined. I can usually check my teams once or twice a week, but that is about it these days.

I am not going any where, but I also don't have any brilliant ideas, unfortunately.

...In the AOR Die Hards we have 7, count em, 7 owners. We're still active and have no intention of going under easily. As long as there is a commish who can reactivate the league in the annual pause time, any league can continue, however few owners there are. I took over as commish at draft time, when league founder doaf disappeared years ago, I'd never been a commish before, and it was a hands on learn as you go experience. Its been worth it.
    ...As long as anyone in the league(Die Hards) is still interested in playing, I'm keeping it going. I owe it to doaf and all the other owners over the years to do so. It takes a lot of my time...
    ...I hope that same feeling exists here. If all we have is a hand full of owners in Omicron willing to retain ownership, and you have 12, that's almost twice what the Die Hards have, then I wouldn't be so hasty to write it off... With all the crap going on everywhere, its nice to have a place to relax and enjoy stat based baseball. Maybe seeking a higher level of participation is unrealistic right now. Be glad you have as many owners as we do here.
    ...Anyone here who wants to join the Die Hards will be welcome. Minimal participation is all that is required. Four of us are active commissioners and we act together to keep unowned teams ready for new ownership. Just sign up and be an owner and have fun. We'll handle the rest.... Oh, and GO Omicron!!!

joebaseball

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be leaving Omicron at the end of the current season as a team Owner. Just doesn't seem to be much response to league invites, forum participation, etc, and I don't feel I have anything to add to the league. Seems like everyone is cool with the League as it now stands. I am currently heading up 7 other leagues and just too busy.

If one of you wishes to take the Comish role I'll be happy to add you. If not, I will stay as Comish just as a placeholder until you guys decide what you want.

I will also revert the League to a 4/8 Sim, if the majority wishes.

Respectfully, Ravennod.
    "It is what it is"