Thread: What happened here?

What happened here?

Like many of you, I've been doing the 4/1 juggle for years, and I have no idea how this happened. I demoted my 0 exp players (2 of them) to AAA and replaced them with scrubs in my minors. I then signed 3 scrub FAs and cut a higher sal player on the ml roster in each transaction. Normally, when I do that, the FA scrubs go to the ML team, and after 4/1 I promote the AAA players and cut the scrubs. Many times, this FA transaction takes place on 4/1 when pending transactions are forced through.

This time, however, a strange thing happened. 2 scrubs were signed to AA (all had 0 exp obviously), and the 2 AAA players were promoted to replace the cut players, costing me $3 million in FAO.

Does this always happen? How could I have done this over 50 times a year for a decade and never noticed this happen? Does someone know why this happened?

Date News
    5/31/2021 12:00:23 AM The Naabaahii team manager has made a minor change to the starting lineup (a player previously in the lineup was no longer available to play).
    5/31/2021 12:00:23 AM Jonathon McCarthy has been reassigned to the Active roster.
    5/31/2021 12:00:23 AM Ricky Young has been signed as a free agent.
    5/31/2021 12:00:23 AM Maurice Jimenez has been released.
    5/31/2021 12:00:23 AM The Naabaahii team manager has made a minor change to the starting lineup (a player previously in the lineup was no longer available to play).
    5/31/2021 12:00:23 AM Jeremy Garcia has been reassigned to the Active roster.
    5/31/2021 12:00:23 AM Lance Bromberg has been signed as a free agent.
    5/31/2021 12:00:23 AM Roland Peterson has been released.
    5/31/2021 12:00:22 AM The Naabaahii team manager has made a minor change to the starting lineup (a player previously in the lineup was no longer available to play).
    5/31/2021 12:00:22 AM Juan Manuel Melton has been signed as a free agent.
    5/31/2021 12:00:22 AM Otis McDonald has been released.

Re: What happened here?

It would help if you provided a link to your team.

The best I can say is that perhaps it puts a priority that signees with 0 xp who have higher salary to go to ML. For example, if you signed (2) 0xp scrubs and had (2) 0xp Studs in your AAA, it's going to put the studs in because that's the logical CPU thing to do in most cases, not considering 4/1 Allocations. They probably set this function with CPU teams in mind, where mostly this comes from a player being retired -- you'd want the CPU to bring up the best guys available all other things equal.

I've always avoided signing players on the 4/1 sim as it's haunted me in the past. Unless you know exactly how the FA logic works and have done is hundreds of times like you said, I wouldn't test it unless you know for sure.
    Last edited by KingRat; May 31, 2021 at 10:28 PM.
    Are you a serious CSFBL competitor?
    Join Dynasty

I've had this unfortunately happen to me also. I think KingRat is correct about the CPU bringing up the highest paid player and not necessarily the one you just signed.
    Chicago Cubs (MLB Str8 8's)
    Chicago Orphans (National League)
    Cleveland Indians (MLB Str8 8 Sweetness)
    COVID 19'S (CSFBL Justice)
    Denver Elevation (Lawn Chair League)
    Iowa Cubs (MLB Remake AAA)
    Los Angeles Angels (MLB Classic)
    Toronto Blue Jays (Two Major Leagues)

So if you sign a player that has 0 experience and 0 MLB playing time, it will put them into LM. If in the same transaction, you drop someone from MLB, it will automatically pull someone from AAA. I have had this happen before as well and it is very annoying but I'm not sure there is a real solution to it. Gotta really try to make sure to get your moves in before April 1 to avoid these type of things.

Red Mesa

Yeah I guess this is the protocol, but it is hard to believe that I have never noticed this before, as I have had many forced 4/1 transactions. I guess the work around is to make sure your 4/1 scrubs have at least 1 exp. Thanks for the input