Thread: '86 Season

'86 Season

Noticed there wasn't a thread yet. Let's get it!
    Cypress Cyanide, For The Love of The Game (2045-)
    Tashkent Humo, Nu Upsilon Xi (1989-) '89
    Waverly Vikings, Beta Nu Zeta (1993-) '95
    Aurora Huskies, Zeta Zeta Epsilon (1993-)
    Denver Zephyrs, Triple Crown Baseball (2029-)
    Tillamook Archers, Baseball Dynasty (2083-) '83 '84 '85

Playoff Appearances in italics, World Series Championships in bold

Re: '86 Season

Tillamook was relatively quiet in the preseason, only making one trade, however that trade was a big one (for the time being)

Trade with Jdub for 2 of his aces.

Jon Johnson: 5-2 with a 2.31 ERA and .88 WHIP! Not much you can ask for a 36 yr old with over 270 wins! I will have to watch his fatigue the later we get in the season, but hopefully we are able to push some ground between us and 3rd place to get that going.

Randy Fisk: 2-3 with a 1.35 ERA and .92 WHIP! So far so good with the other pitcher I was able to acquire. Anything less than 2.50 ERA would be overboard IMO. Glad the man has a lot in the tank. At 37 yrs old I don't know how many years he has left, but I won't complain if he gets me to the promised land.

Had to trade a few prospects that I was really hesitant on.

23 yr old 3B Timothy Gleason: I tried to keep this guy but through some mistakes on my part I was willing to part with him. His pop is going to help Santiago for the next decade plus. In the grand scheme of things, he would definitely help my team in the next couple of years.

Pick #17: This draft has some depth. Taking a quick look, there should be quite a few good/great players available at 17. With Jdub's drafting acumen, I am sure he will be able to get some talent.

Along with Terrance Gunter who I acquired last season I was able to transition from a team needing some pitching, to one that has 3 quality guys that should be trouble in the playoffs.

Currently we are 22-15 and looks like the weakest the division has been in a long time. With a +52 run differential we are on pace to shatter last seasons 83-77 record and +82. Then again, we may be a little weaker down the stretch.

I did also sign 37 yr old CF Frederick Carillo to play LF for me this year and he has not disappointed. So far in 37 games he is slashing .268/.331/.463, a vast improvement over last years LF's .197/.327/.310.

Looking to Trade.. De Cuba has game changing bats available. If you need a bat pm/ offer. Have abit of pitching too.

The Wildcats window appears to have closed. Wheat State is open to moving current assets for future picks and prospects.

Roster: https://www.csfbl.com/team/roster.asp?teamid=77111
    XB TriStars (2049-) Div: 17, Conf: 8, WS: 1
    2ML Colonels (1963-) Div: 12, Conf: 5, WS: 4
    BD Wildcats (2048-) Div: 19, Conf: 11, WS: 6
    CarL Carousers (2031-) Div: 14, Conf: 10, WS: 6
    TDD Kaws (2103-) Div: 11, Conf: 8, WS: 5
    Brockmire Monarchs (1981-) Div: 6, Conf: 3, WS: 2
    TCL Tramcars (2122-) Div: 2, Conf: 1, WS: 1
    KBL Smokers (2042-) Div: 2, Conf: 2, WS: 2
    LoL Brewers (2113-)
    CBF Blues (2145-) Div: 1, Conf: 1, WS: 1
    Past teams in WS: 10-20

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Philly is in an interesting situation where the Front office is constantly weighing all options. The team was off to the hottest start in the league before the wheels fell off and all positions forgot the level they were expected to play. Despite the #1 starter pitching pretty average, our dynamic 3 hole hitter w/ a OPS down .150 pts, and our cleanup hitter on pace to hit 20 less HRs this season we still manage to be at the top of arguably the best division in the league (3 games separate 1st and 4th).

The last build that I gave up on included greats in the league like Scott, Fisk, Gunter and others all because I wasnt patient with the offense. Will the offense come together while the pitching is at its best? The moves to grab Henshaw & Sydnor might be risky if the offense doesnt produce enough to support them. The offense would be less of a concern if we didnt have to deal Guzman for Henshaw, I would have gladly moved picks/prospects rather than a league ready slugger. Now he's on the worst team in the league wasting away.

Pacheco is the leadoff hitter on the team, that has been in question through the first season and a half for him. I really cant stand leadoff guys who hit for such a low average. (a consistent .214) At times his OBP is at .400 but as it is now and finished last season in the .370's. Last season the 20 HRs he pitched in, 40+ SBs, and solid OF made him a +LWTS player. With 99DI its not a developmental thing with the 25YO. We'll see what happens with him.

Batey has developed into the 2 hole hitter we hoped, he's a .300 hitter with great gap power, he's on pace to hit 25+ HRs and plays above average CF.

McKnight's troubles were mentioned above and I cant expect the 25YO not to go on a tare the rest of the season.

Carmona also having a down season, the 50 HR hitter should pick it up despite a really bad playoff season last year.

Connor is the LH power threat that is a tick below his numbers from last season (30 HRs 90 G) and is only be relied on against righties

Tingley is having a similar season to last, he finished with a .271 BA with a strong finish, we'll hope for the same this. This is a position that could be replaced, Tingley's blazing speed was on of the main reasons the team hoped he'd be a big producer.

Rice is the heart of the INF at SS, his bat has been up and down but has decent power and developing bat. Probably always a lower half of the lineup bat so wont be expected to be great.

James Adams is our ALL Gold Gloves 2B, more than likely replaced next season with last season's 1st rounder Ruben Meikle, we'll sacrifice some defense but should add 20 HRs to the lineup at the bottom.

3B is the other spot that will see a change, Wolfe and Hudler have been manning the spot but its been up and down in production. Clark Johnson was taken with the 7th pick a few season's ago as a 17 year old. We were worried it would take more developing but his power is just about there as is his defense, he wont be a AVG hitter but that shouldnt be a problem when his mashing 40 HRs.

Will be interesting to see how it all comes together, that surprise WS appearance last season was great, despite some really strong teams on the rise we expect to have a few more shots.
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

my cleanup hitter Carmona has missed a cycle by a single twice this season.
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids

Tillamook is 78-49. Definitely surprising to see the improvement in wins, especially with a weaker offense than I was expecting. Gonna do a quick overview of the roster.

C Robert Owens: Looks like Owens is going for another off year after posting a .950 OPS last year. The 29 yr old has a .419 OBP in the 2 hole giving some RBI for Ames and Dansereau.

1B Lee Dansereau: MONSTER SEASON for the guy I signed out of the bleachers 4 years ago. The 32 yr old lefty has 24 HR and 101 RBI in 125 games in what is really making the difference in the lineup.

2B Tim Harvey: The dependable 2B is having a decent season on offense, batting .269 and 11 HR almost doubling his output of last season with many games to go.

3B Lyle Kramer: Mr. Dependable. All I can say. He has been consistently a .280+ hitter the last 5 seasons. Of course this is his worst season yet but I can see him improving in the final stretch.

SS Austin Melton: Slightly above average defender, he has sat out the last 2 seasons with a better defender. However, with that SS aging out I had to switch to the 29 yr old again who started 3 seasons back. The worst guy on offense. Batting .235, he does walk a decent amount which makes him a .722 OPS guy on the season.

LF Frederick Carillo: Playing the last 13 seasons with Geico, Tillamook signed Carillo in the preseason and he has not disappointed. .281/.345/.446 while doing ok in LF. LF was my big hole last year and I was glad I was able to fix it for at least this season on the cheap.

CF Steven Grayson: Yeah, this guy has fell off a cliff. I traded a first for him before the 2082 season and he hasn't even put up a season over .760 OPS. He has terrible defense and his .661 OPS on the season is definitely the worst player on the team. At 34 yrs old this is probably his last season on the team.

RF William Young: 26 yr old RF took a big step forward this season. His .394 OBP starts the team off right at the leadoff spot.

DH Joseph Ames: Ames starting off the season relatively poor rocking a sub .850 OPS for the majority of the season. He has lit it up as of late though and is now up to .960 OPS and now is over .300 AVG. 32 yrs old and 484 HR. What a wonderful career. All that is needed is a world title.