Thread: Minimum Wins?

Minimum Wins?

Hi--A few years ago, we adopted a rule that said the following:

Minimum Wins

Managers must maintain a minimum of 180 wins in total in any three consecutive season period, and at least 50 wins in any individual season. New managers may choose to not count their first season if they joined after league date 4/1 that season.

Failure to meet these minimal requirements likely will result in loss of their team barring very unusual circumstances.

Are we sticking with this??

Re: Minimum Wins?

Hmmm...I think thats a totally fair question since it appears Yakima will come in under.

Wrangler rolled this rule out way back in the day, let me see how he feels about it. I personally never really worry too much about rules - don't cheat, don't collude, don't try to lose every single game...and otherwise just have fun.

Obviously Yakima doesnt appear to be intentionally tanking it, but I think it would be fair to ask them to put in more work as a warning at a minimum.

So Wrangler appears to be gone for multiple weeks now...hope everything is ok

I dont play in any leagues that administer rules like this. I'm not sure that removing Cardinal is the way to go. Should we establish a discipline that happens moving forward before owners get removed? What have other guys seen?

Never been a huge fan of big rulebooks in fantasy sports but I can PM Cardinal for now and tell him he needs to improve.

Folks:

I took over Yakima, with nothing. this is probbly going to be another Lean Year in Yakima. this is a transistion year though, I believe there are some kids in LM that will be making their debute next year. I never intentionally tank a franchise
    World Series Titles 5

Red Sox Nation Bernies Carbo's 2027, 2028
    CARL: Grand Turk Parrots 2024
    KBL: Brooklyn Dodgers 2030
    BD: Chattanooga Appalachian's 2063

Thanks for replying Card.

And I agree. As I have said I never really like rules like these, especially without context. Card is a good dude, its obvious this isnt intentional, and he was really left with absolute bubkus by prior ownership. I think he'll be competing pretty soon.

I still havent heard back from Wrangler but spoke to Cards tonight, hence these posts

Blackjack thanks for catching this. Hopefully Wrangler jumps in and lets us know a bit more on the intent/process he was hoping to achieve