Thread: Single season record

Single season record

Jason Buck has tied the single season IP mark at 369.1. It took 42 starts and 2 relief appearances to pull it off, and he is completely spent for the playoffs. After picking him #1 last season, I got 154 IP out of him post draft, so I thought this season I would see how far I could push his 100 EN. I basically started him almost every time he hit 50 the whole season. In the first half, he was getting in on 2 days rest quite a bit, towards the end of the season I couldn't even get him in on 3 days rest. Fortunately there are other well rested pitchers on the staff to pick up the playoff slack. I doubt I'll be trying that experiment again.

Re: Single season record

I never got more than 348 out of Frank Maxwell

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Cats View Post
    Jason Buck has tied the single season IP mark at 369.1. It took 42 starts and 2 relief appearances to pull it off, and he is completely spent for the playoffs. After picking him #1 last season, I got 154 IP out of him post draft, so I thought this season I would see how far I could push his 100 EN. I basically started him almost every time he hit 50 the whole season. In the first half, he was getting in on 2 days rest quite a bit, towards the end of the season I couldn't even get him in on 3 days rest. Fortunately there are other well rested pitchers on the staff to pick up the playoff slack. I doubt I'll be trying that experiment again.
    Buck will be one of the greatest pitchers, in the history of CSFBL. He will easily be Earth's greatest no doubt!

Yeah he is pretty unreal.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by orlando17 View Post
    Buck will be one of the greatest pitchers, in the history of CSFBL. He will easily be Earth's greatest no doubt!
    This is the guy I'll compare him to as his career progresses, by far the best pitcher I've had. Erick Witty. Witty is the all time MLB Classic K king by 1000 strikeouts and wins by over 30. Witty pitched in a 4 man rotation with full FOAs pretty much his whole career, and began a steady decline around 33. It appears I can get 320-340IP out of Buck without SEAFAT issues, there was only a season or two I could do that with Witty. We'll see how he holds up, he walks some batters, his FIP hovers around 3, but that EN, FI and SY is amazing.

Got Buck to 374 and a new record this season. May end up costing the Warriors a threepeat as his SEAFAT enters the playoffs at 17% on a team with much less depth than the championship seasons thanks to the crazy salaries of Buck and Berns. It's Buck and Berns and pray for rain in the desert!