Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: 2137 Season Thread

Re: 2137 Season Thread

congrats to tander! Rivera and Taylor get their first rings, well deserved. Another ex-Gowanus guy (Martinez) gets one as well, nice to see.

Thanks for the congrats, truly appreciated! It has been a really fun team to put together, and I agree with Luke's sentiment on this being one of (if not the most) gratifying. It is a tremendous league, and I'm very happy to be a part of it. Happy to have a ring amongst the best on the site!

Congrats as well to moden on a fantastic squad and season--the WS result was not indicative of the talent on the two teams. Let's try to do it again next season!
    XB TriStars (2049-) Div: 17, Conf: 8, WS: 1
    2ML Colonels (1963-) Div: 12, Conf: 5, WS: 4
    BD Wildcats (2048-) Div: 19, Conf: 11, WS: 6
    CarL Carousers (2031-) Div: 14, Conf: 10, WS: 6
    TDD Kaws (2103-) Div: 11, Conf: 8, WS: 5
    Brockmire Monarchs (1981-) Div: 6, Conf: 3, WS: 2
    TCL Tramcars (2122-) Div: 2, Conf: 1, WS: 1
    KBL Smokers (2042-) Div: 2, Conf: 2, WS: 2
    LoL Brewers (2113-)
    CBF Blues (2145-) Div: 1, Conf: 1, WS: 1
    Past teams in WS: 10-20

you are way to humble for a small ball team. congrats. if i cant win, small should win
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game *****es!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

In this thread: draft-pick laundering for fun and profit.
    IBA '00, '09, '15, '16, '17, '23, '25, '26, '35, ret. L/B '14, '16, '17, '22, '25, ret., '83, '84, '87, '89, '94 ret. KSTW '87, '89, ret. HOFm '92, '93, '82, ret. Blitz '12, '15, ret. LoL '98, '02, ret., '04. TCL '18, '20, '21, '41, '47, '48, '84, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '19, '21. FOB '41, '43, ret. RDML '65, '66, ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZubaZ View Post
    60 Jelly = godless Better than you

Quote Originally Posted by tander28 View Post
    Thanks for the congrats, truly appreciated! It has been a really fun team to put together, and I agree with Luke's sentiment on this being one of (if not the most) gratifying. It is a tremendous league, and I'm very happy to be a part of it. Happy to have a ring amongst the best on the site!

Congrats as well to moden on a fantastic squad and season--the WS result was not indicative of the talent on the two teams. Let's try to do it again next season!
    Thanks. I’m game! Just share the wealth some!

Quote Originally Posted by jellyinsd View Post
    In this thread: draft-pick laundering for fun and profit.
    unclutch your pearls, your teams significant right now because of no2 overall pick Sam and no8 overall pick Harmon. your middle infield is a no 8 and no 11. There are others as well (Blue no8, Jackson no11, Ball/Wise/Tong 11/13/16 traded for Shroeder/Fortenberry 11/17) You are living off your last down cycle right now tanker.
    -Parce que j'ai le jeu, mes chiennes.
    -Translation; 'cause I got game *****es!

Join the Remake Leagues! No Experience Necessary.

Simple Rules:

1. Stop recruiting new owners for your half dead crappy leagues. Your efforts would be better used looking for a stable league with owners who actually care about their teams. Winning the world series in a half unowned league is not worthy of your time.

2. If you are trading an elite item like a no1 overall pick or a superstud player, then dont take the first offer you get. Advertise your availability to the league to maximize your return. Your trade partner is not going to protect you from underselling yourself.

3. Quoted from a thread about Monopoly gameplay: "This strategy will end up killing you in the long run. You WANT to make deals. You WANT to be easy to do business with. If players get the impression that you're always going to ask for unreasonable demands, they'll trade with other players, leaving you out of those trades, meaning you get nothing of value while they benefit. Remember, your goal in a trade should not be to screw your trading partner, but to screw anyone who isn't your trading partner. Then people will catch on and realize that if they're not going to give you fair rates, they're going to be left out in the cold, which means that you shouldn't be dealing with people who play that way either."

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233