Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2052 season discussion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Re: 2052 season discussion

Well it was a nice ride for Buntsville considering this is an old team waiting for the next crop to come up. The team got off to a 7-0 start and kept it going until this least stretch when they dropped 9 of 10. I eevn had an offer to acquire a starter but what would be the sense? Bryan Bailey who I said I didnt expect much of a bat, is the team leader in HRs with 18. He's in the running for ROY. William Hale is a 28 YO FA who has worked his way into the everyday lineup, the DH has a .800+ OPS. Some of the old fellows that had good seasons last cant crack the lineup this. 36 YO David Gross is having the top pitching season this year, he has 17 saves and a sub 2 ERA.

This season's 1st rounder is pretty underwhelming, Stewart Kruger is young corner OF that will probably be a DH most of the time hitting at the top of the order. We've got some good arms and a couple thumpers due up in season's to come.

BTW i'd sell some pieces now that the teams true colors are showing through.
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids

https://www.csfbl.com/game/44321386/boxscore

This might be a first in my csfbl career. Ray Saunders gets his 2nd no-hitter of the season just a few starts apart.
    Current Leagues
    Brockmire - Indianapolis Hoosiers- 1991
    KBL - Rocky Mountain Bombers- 2041
    NLT - Birmingham Black Barons- 2038 (2042 WS Champs)

Former Member of Justice, EBB, JC, TAB, Remake, LEG, TDD, and several others

Need any big Hitters for playoff push ? Check out Rhinos. Pm/offer.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

The Playoffs are quickly approaching and there will be some last day races to watch

Scully has to be the division to watch, Rcky Mnt will win the division but OKC, Chicago, & Milwk will make the run for 2nd place.

MIL has to close out the last 2 vs. the mighty Bombers (but will they be resting?) They hold a .5 game on Chicago who has the game in hand and finishes the final 3 against last place Seattle who arent a slouch themselves with 70 wins. OKC has a bunch of scenarios that will put them in or keep them out, they finish the last 2 vs. the Rays another team that will finish just under .500

Harwell will have State St. and Allegheny dooking it out. State street is on a streak of every other season in the playoffs (SF Giants?) But after winning it all in '47-'48 they get a pass. The Innocents are a regular participants in the playoffs but they still only have that one ship under Pimp.

Howe and Cotuit will face off in the Kalas division, I was surprised to see Howe had eclipsed the 100 win mark but thats only because I wasnt paying attention as they poured out a +258 RunDif far and away they best in the league. Being in the same division I was surprised seeing the team built around a full Lefty rotation. But the team is a slug happy bunch that can hit. Dont quote me but this could be one of those 100+ win teams that gets knocked out quickly in round 1, we'll see. The Kettleers are having a great 90+ win season of their own, this will be their 5th straight appearance but the first in which they didnt lead the division, could they push to their 1st WS onder current ownership?

-----Side note my Buntsville team fared well despite being filled with a merry bunch of aging misfits nobody wanted to deal for, dealt our "top" starter Jenkins at the deadline and we'll still manage 70+ wins this season.

We'll see if Jenkins makes a difference in the Playoffs as Maine will take 2nd place to Meck, the Castiglione division is another division with all teams above 70 wins.

The race for 1st overall pick comes in the Kalas division where Osborne and NPB are tied with 57 wins with NPB having the extra game in hand.
    Brockmire- Philadelphia Stars
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids

wow you don't see many 90 win 1st place teams only get 3 All-Stars. Id have to look closer to see if any misses are snubs. Im a little surprised to not see Becker just based on him hitting .300 and driving in 130, though.
    Current Leagues

ouch... I had control of Game 4 start to walk-off grand slam for Milwaukee with 2 outs in bottom 9... that could be a series shifter with it being 2-2 now instead of 3-1
    Current Leagues

Good series Rob, I was sure you had the better team but we pulled it off somehow. Colby Hudson was awesome and Jerry Casella hit two homers for some reason.
    KBL (1981-). Maine Marauders WS 1989, 1993, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2024, 2043, 2050
    Psi Phi (2063-). Syracuse Potatoes WS 2068, 2073, 2079
    A New Hope (1995-). Darth Maulers WS 2002
    CWS (1966-). Ohio State Buckeyes

Good series Ham. Your team always plays us tough, especially in the playoffs.

heck of a series gsabino. I thought I was done, but my team got revenge for the game 4 walk-off with a 3-run 9th inning comeback in Game 7 and then a walkoff walk in the 10th. I got lucky to make it through.

Now it's onto having to go through Pimp without a set rotation, so this will be interesting.
    Current Leagues

congrats on another good season Pimp. I have to say this pennant means a little more since Pimp has been my kryptonite for like 15 years (real years), and I hardly ever beat him h2h. I will take the rare one when I get it.

I am also on a fun little hot streak. Of my 4 teams, 3 are now a reigning pennant winner. I lost in 7 in Justice, won in 7 in Brockmire, and hopefully I can get to 2/3. The full pennant slam with all 4 of my teams would be fun, but I have some real work to do in ALTRTA to have a shot at it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast