Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 a day, and "Clean Up on Aisle 5" proposals

Quote Originally Posted by joebaseball View Post
    ...Yes, and if you move them at the same time the LM or AAA player should replace the discarded starter. I don't know what effect it has on the depth chart though....
    So can we change depth chart ?

Also on salary cap....does every team have to be below cap before season starts???

Re: 8 a day, and "Clean Up on Aisle 5" proposals

...A funny thing happened on my way to the Rules thread...
    ...There are no written rules posted in the AOR Die Hards Forum area that I can find...
    ...If found, please return to...
    ...Ok, so unless they somehow turn up(more on that....), here are the rules as I recall that doaf ran the league by:
    ...Teams had to be under the cap by season's start...
    ...A team over the cap cannot draft...
    ...That's my recollection, anyone of the veterans from long again recall that or any others?
    ...Whether or not anyone does, we have an opportunity here since the rules, if ever written down, appear to be missing...(again, if they are here somewhere, post the location, please..
    ...Then since we also are going to 8 a day, we can recreate the league rules at the same time...
    ....Any suggestions??

joebaseball

Re: 8 a day, and "Clean Up on Aisle 5" proposals

...There are no written rules posted in the AOR Die Hards Forum area that I can find...
    ...Ok, so unless they somehow turn up(more on that....), here are the rules as I recall that doaf ran the league by:
    ...That's my recollection, anyone of the veterans from long again recall that or any others?
    ...Whether or not anyone does, we have an opportunity here since the rules, if ever written down, appear to be missing...(again, if they are here somewhere, post the location, please..
    ...Then since we also are going to 8 a day, we can recreate the league rules at the same time...
    ....Any suggestions??

joebaseball
    I found this in another league's rules, we could use it as a guideline:

Cap Violations and Penalties
    <2m over = loss of 2nd round pick
    2-3m over = loss of 1st round pick
    3-5m over = loss of 1st and 2nd round picks
    >5m over = loss of an entire draft
    Some leagues don't allow trading (unless it brings you under the cap) or signing of free agents if you're over the cap. Just remember, the more rules we have, the harder it is (meaning more work) for the commissioner to enforce.

....Any suggestions??

joebaseball
    Seems to me yes you had to be under the cap beginning of each season and that makes sense otherwise why have a cap. But you did say that if you go over the cap you can't draft so I'm okay with that penalty..

If we go to 8 per day I'm in favor of only one round live draft...and not slowing the games during the draft 3/block 24 hours to select if eligible..

I still hope to build ownership... I also propose who ever wins division that owners name becomes division name whoever wins conference that owners name becomes the conference just a thought

Haywaters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12