Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffalo Bisons

Re: Buffalo Bisons

With a 6-3 Game 7 lead and 2 outs away from a World Series (with MVP P Trogdon), the former Buffalo Bisons Pitching Coach Captain Overthink inserted our closer to give up 5 runs including a walk off Grand Slam! Congrats to the aptly named Louisville Bats.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL
    GM Buffalo Bisons(AAA), Capra Hircus(GOAT5), Frisco Express (TCL '36), Grand Cayman Stingrays (CarL '63), Hickory Crawdads(RTB), Jakarta Komodo (MB '46,'47), Janesville Zarts ('21,'24,'25)

That's about the craziest Game 7 ending to a World Series I've ever seen. Nobody deserves that. Congrats on beating Omaha and representing the AL, though.
    Founder & Former Commissioner [ReMake Community, MLB ReMake, AAA ReMake, AA ReMake]
    AA ReMake Commissioner (2124-Present)
    Chicago White Sox [MLB ReMake] (1970-1987) WS: 3-3 (1971, 1972, 1973)
    Los Angeles Dodgers [MLB ReMake] (1988-1989)
    St. Louis Cardinals [MLB ReMake] (1990-1991)
    Rochester Red Wings [AAA ReMake] (1997-2010) WS: 1-0 (2003)
    Hartford Yard Goats [AA ReMake] (2119-Present) WS: 2-1 (2122-23)
    Omaha Storm Chasers [AAA ReMake] (2123-Present)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickLaptop View Post
    That's about the craziest Game 7 ending to a World Series I've ever seen. Nobody deserves that. Congrats on beating Omaha and representing the AL, though.
    No worries. 82-win team getting 2 outs a way from a title (85-win team won) is a good reminder not to tank, since anything can happen in CSFBL playoffs.
    GM Buffalo Bisons(AAA), Capra Hircus(GOAT5), Frisco Express (TCL '36), Grand Cayman Stingrays (CarL '63), Hickory Crawdads(RTB), Jakarta Komodo (MB '46,'47), Janesville Zarts ('21,'24,'25)

Quote Originally Posted by jpax73 View Post
    No worries. 82-win team getting 2 outs a way from a title (85-win team won) is a good reminder not to tank, since anything can happen in CSFBL playoffs.
    It's what I'm saying, yeah. But I agree that getting the very highest picks for a couple of years can give you a more dynastic team. So not tanking means you get into playoffs sporadically but regularly, albeit with lower chance of success. "Tanking for high draft picks" means getting not into the playoffs for some years in a row, then getting into playoffs for some years in a row, and while you're in you're more likely to succeed.

Like, you can build according to these dynasty team rules:

* get rangy up the middle (improves your pitching)
    * have either high DI or SL up and down your lineup for that wears opposing super pitchers out
    * have a rotation with no more than 3 super starters for in the playoffs you can go with 3 starters (and it will be hard to finance 3 superstarters as it is)

Also, just always keep an eye on Slicki or bigdb and such guys. Slicki build a pitching powerhouse dynasty in AA and maybe the team with the highest avg SL in CSFBL history here in AAA. And I believe it is bigdb up in MLB who has never ever gone through a draft without picking a rangy SS at some point. Or maybe I'm mixing guys up.
    Last edited by gregorgross; April 27, 2021 at 04:35 AM.
    New Britain Rock Cats - Remake AA
    Norfolk Tides - Remake AAA
    Williamsburg TriPowers - Psi Phi (World Series 2078)

Atlanta MLB Remake (WS 2073)
    Omaha AAA Remake
    Laredo Simusports
    Texas MLB Classic
    El Paso Baseball Legends (WS 2037?)
    Pella IFL (WS 2043)
    Alaska Psi Phi
    Thunder Bay MLB World (WS 2055 + 76)
    Seattle ALTRA

Anyone need solid closer Eugene Jordan in March 2130 off of World Series team for a pick?

AAA Conference champion Buffalo may need to finally sell vets for prospects and picks if we cannot turn this awful divisional start around. PM me your best offer.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12