Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next season: salary cap discussion

Next season: salary cap discussion

This season we went to 80m cap during draft. But csfbl is not set up to allow higher than 75m cap in the game. This presents some issues.

How can we address this next season?

Options:
    Go with a 75m cap. Easy, we've done this prior, it works within the game.

Go with a 80m cap. Draft to 25 players so everyone can utilize the whole cap. have the understanding that after 4/1, FA signings will have to reduce salary in order to process or your team salary will have to be under 75m, because that is what the game demands.

Go with a 80m cap. Draft to 18 players. have a manual mechanism in the forums for bidding on players, commissioner(s) assign the winning bids. My initial thought is a FA Bid thread. All bids would be in the open (which was the case not too long ago).

that's my quick start on the discussion. let's have this now so next preseason we aren't scrambling.

Re: Next season: salary cap discussion

Salaries are way high, staying under 75 will really limit the types of teams people can try to have and be good, I do not like that option. FA bid thread is doable but may or may not be cumbersome, would require constant vigilance else people will get delays in players that could be an issue.

Expanding draft option sounds best to me (80 mil/20 rounds, 80-85 mil/24 rounds, but we would have some draft rules in place to prevent what we went through this season, which is a separate discussion.
    DURHAM MATH/AFTERMATH - TCL
    86 88 93 94 96 97 00 02 04 11 12 13 53

I will cancel out my friend Clones vote. I vote the old way we did it. 18 rounds 75 mil. If the salaries are too high they are too high. We have to draft cheaper players. My thoughts is every team is given 25 50K players each prior to the draft. This will give us all 73.7 mil left to use anyway we want to on our 18 draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenclone View Post
    Salaries are way high, staying under 75 will really limit the types of teams people can try to have and be good, I do not like that option. FA bid thread is doable but may or may not be cumbersome, would require constant vigilance else people will get delays in players that could be an issue.

Expanding draft option sounds best to me (80 mil/20 rounds, 80-85 mil/24 rounds, but we would have some draft rules in place to prevent what we went through this season, which is a separate discussion.

I like having salary matter, but there is such a thing as having it matter too much, where it becomes much more of a salary cap game/less if a full managerial game. Certain stats cost more than others, I don’t like pushing everyone in the same direction when there are cool variety of players people like. Some people like having eight Shortstops for instance....
    Last edited by citizenclone; January 12, 2021 at 12:41 PM.

Out of the options I like the idea of adding rounds to the draft.

Hahaha you may have moved up to a clear cut #4 now.

I like having salary matter, but there is such a thing as having it matter too much, where it becomes much more of a salary cap game/less if a full managerial game. Certain stats cost more than others, I don’t like pushing everyone in the same direction when there are cool variety of players people like. Some people like having eight Shortstops for instance....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLegend View Post
    Hahaha you may have moved up to a clear cut #4 now.
    Yasss, in your face A3 A3.

Just playing devils advocate, once we get above 75, maybe we should just not have a cap at all, but subject all players to the confines of the game otherwise. So it makes it impossible to make moves, but your not considering salary at all during the draft. Disclaimer: that’s not necessarily my vote, just think as a thought exercise it would get us directionally to the right answer.

I think we get to the best rules if we have a clear idea of what the fundamental goal of the league was and we can build rules around it. It was meant to be a post season league, the change we made this year totally changed that. Or if Perry is good with it just growing organically that’s okay too.

From my point of view this league was all about the draft. The draft is the most fun. I assume it is for everyone. So any changes should try to keep making the draft portion more fun.

Side note, I’m no back end coder, but wouldn’t the salary cap toggle be easy to fix just for this league if we requested it? Or can changes like that only be made site wide?
    Last edited by ZubaZ; January 13, 2021 at 04:24 AM.

Sounds doubtful that any coding change is going to happen. Free Agency has always been a pain on the site, all in on draft rounds, your free agents are the guys you draft and guys that are cheaper that the guys you draft. Although that brings up why no cap would be a problem, you’d be encouraged to draft the most expensive guys left to give yourself the most ability to
    trade them out for other guys whenever you want

This is why 75mil hard cap like we have always done is the way to go

Sounds doubtful that any coding change is going to happen. Free Agency has always been a pain on the site, all in on draft rounds, your free agents are the guys you draft and guys that are cheaper that the guys you draft. Although that brings up why no cap would be a problem, you’d be encouraged to draft the most expensive guys left to give yourself the most ability to
    trade them out for other guys whenever you want

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast